⋆ ˚ 𖦹ْꓸ ⋆୨ chapter nine ᵎᵎ

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪  ╰┈➤"𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝑴𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒚, you can let go of me now

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪
╰┈➤"𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝑴𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒚, you can let go of me now. It's hard to stock shelves when you're clinging onto my side." Despite me trying to shake him off, he simply tightened his grip—laughing.

"I'm cold again, and you are very warm for whatever reason." I knew this was another complete lie but there wasn't much I could do. Mikey had already laid his head on my back, humming with a happy smile. He shifted a little to give me more space to move though.

"Jeez I've never seen you so clingy with another person before." Draken sighed, sympathizing with my frustration. Mikey only stuck his tongue out at him, causing the latter male to get somewhat irate. "Hey wanna die punk?!" With an exasperated expression, I kept stocking the shelf.

When I moved back I was lucky to get a part-time job at a local convenience store. It helps a lot when I need to pay for basic living expenses. So that's why I really needed to keep this job, but right now two individuals are really walking on thin ice.

Draken came into the store not long after we arrived. He was originally here to buy some snacks, but ultimately decided to stay and hang out since Mikey was there too.

"(Nickname) how much longer I'm getting bored." Mikey whined, now leaning back to back with me.

"If you're bored then just leave and go do something more interesting than bothering me."

"No!! I would be even more bored without you." He threw his hands up into the air dramatically.

"Oi (Nickname)—" Draken was cut off by Mikey immediately,

"Hey! Only I get to call her that, egg-head." He stood up and started leaning toward him, trying to give a menacing glare; but there was only so much you could do when you're as short as him.

"Damn chill out bro... Anyways (Name)," he paused glancing at Mikey for approval, to which the latter stared back with squinted eyes, "how did you and Mikey actually meet?"

"Oh, it's kinda of a weird story. Basically though, I happened to find him wounded on the street and brought him home to get patched up. Since then I haven't been able to get rid of him." Draken laughed at my attempt of a joke.

"Tell me about it."

__ __

"Woah so you actually took out a whole gang of bikers with Mikey sleeping on your back?!" Draken and I had got along surprisingly well; we had been talking to make my shift less boring. He was telling me all sorts of extravagant stories about the gang and himself.

"Yeah, it got a little difficult cause Mikey started drooling." He chuckled trying to mess around and perhaps I started laughing a little too hard, because I could sense a growing animosity.

"You're seriously super cool, I can't even imagine running with Mikey on my back." I was able to get a full sentence out between my laughter. Mikey didn't seem to be too pleased about this though.