27. Stitches

(Y/N POV)

*A week after chapter 26* *knife warning*

The UnSub swings his hand out and the knife cuts my jaw. I wince. He runs out the back door, into the yard. I follow him out and stand on the porch as I see Prentiss holding him down.

I walk back through the house and sit on the bonnet of the car. Prentiss comes through the house, holding onto the UnSub. Reid walks over and looks at me with concern written over his face. "It's just a little cut." I look up at him through my eyebrows. He lifts his hand and places it on my jaw, turning my head so he can get a better look. He moves his hand to my chin and turns my head back.

"It's worse than that. If dirt gets into the cut, it'll get infected. Get in the car. I'll clean the cut for you." I bite the inside of my cheek and nod. I get in the backseat. Reid arrives with a medical kit. He unzips it and gets saline and gauze. He throws the kit on the armrest console in the front seat. He dabs the wet gauze on my cheek.

"Ow!" I yelp.

"Sorry, it's just hard to see." He moves closer. I turn my head to the side to let him see it better. "I think you might need stitches..."

I move to leave, "I'll go to the medic."

"I can do them," I look at him funny, "I took a basic level course, in case something like this happened. I also thought because I have the title of Doctor, I should have some medical training." He grabs the medical kit and gets what he needs. He positions my head so that he can begin doing the stitches. 

He begins, I gasp and grab his arm. I breathe out, "Sorry. I'm sorry." 

"It's fine. You can leave it there if it helps." 

I scan his face. "How are you and Lila going?"

"Good, I think."

"You think?"

"We're doing an open relationship thing," he laughs, "I don't entirely understand it but it's what she wants." I don't ask any more questions about it.

He finishes the stitches and puts a bandage on it. "Thank you."

He smiles. "No worries." His face is still inches from mine. 

JJ opens the driver's seat door and I realise my hand is still on Reid's arm. I quickly clasp my hands together and sit back in my seat, facing forward. Rossi gets in the passenger side and Morgan opens the door next to me.

"Scooch over," Morgan says. I move into the middle, Reid on my left.

"Where's Hotch and Prentiss?" I ask.

"They're driving back with Max," Rossi says. I nod. JJ starts driving, the dirt road is bumpy, I put my left hand on the space between Reid and me and use the other hand on Rossi's seat. I feel Reid's hand brush mine. I remove the weight from my hand. I reach my pinky out and I feel his hand. Our pinkies intertwine, and his fingers flip my hand over. He intertwines our fingers. I slowly look over at him, he is looking out the window with a soft smile. His thumb strokes my hand until we arrive back at the station.

The team gets out of the car and walks into the station, Reid and I linger in the car, still holding hands. He lifts our hands up and kisses my hand. "I'll see you inside." He says before getting out.