38. Sneaky

* TIME SKIP - 2 days

(Y/N POV)

*Mature language warning *

Walking down the path, I take my phone out of my pocket and dial Reid's number.

The line connects and he says, "Hello?"

"Hi!"

"Hello." His voice is more settled. "Is everything okay?"

"Of course it is. Why would something be wrong?"

"You usually don't call me before work. Especially at this time of the morning. Usually, you're listening to your podcast before work starts."

I pause and roll my eyes, smiling. "Well, I thought I would call you today so that we could talk strategy."

He chuckles, "Strategy?"

"Mhm."

"The word strategy usually refers to tactics in the planning of military operations which refers to either, the overall plan, a specific or broad goal and how to execute a plan or goal... sorry I rambled.. what's our strategy?"

"No, don't apologise. I don't mind it," I smile into the phone, "Well our overall plan is to keep our relationship private as we agreed, and I thought I'd discuss with you how we're going to execute the plan." He makes a hum to let me know he understands. "What do you think?"

"I believe the smartest choice would be to control our micro-expressions- whilst the team tries to not profile each other-"

I finish his sentence for him, "They can't help it." I turn down the street and can see the coffee cart in front of the main entrance.

"Exactly."

"And maybe we keep our PDA to a minimum." He whines into the phone, "Oh Dr Reid, is something wrong?" I ask teasingly.

"No." He says in a high-pitched voice.

"Liar." I enter the line for the cart.

"It's not a lie, it'll just be extremely hard to do that..."

I reach the front of the line, "One sec Reid." I order two coffees, pay and stand to the side. "I'm back... you were able to do it for months before?!"

"Well, that's before we began dating..." He whispers into the phone, "And trust me when I say, it wasn't easy," Reid's voice says from behind me, I turn around and he hangs up. "Your glowing."

I smirk and step forward, being mindful of where we are, I lean up to his ear, "Great sex with your boyfriend does that." His eyes widen.

"Two coffees for Y/N!" The barista yells, I turn back and grab them, handing him one. As we enter the building, we remain quiet, waiting to enter the elevator to talk privately. We stand across from each other as people fill up the elevator.

He sips his coffee, keeping his eyes on me. I jerk my eyebrow up and he smirks. The last woman steps out, two floors before Reid and I will have to. We meet in the middle and immediately resume the conversation. "I didn't say no PDA, I just said a minimum..." I smirk.

"What are you trying to say?"

I tilt my head and look away, "Maybe we'll just need to be..." I look up at him, "Sneaky."

"Sneaky?"

"Sneaky," I affirm.

He tucks my hair behind my ear, "I like the sound of that." I blush.

"Me too." He kisses me quickly before the door bings and opens. I step forward and walk to the glass doors. As I push them open I turn my head back and whisper to him, "Let the sneakiness begin."

*

I walk out of the office to the printing room and grab the file I just printed. As I walk down the hall, my eyes on the paper, someone grabs my wrist and pulls me into a dark room. My nose is instantly filled with the scent of his cologne and I turn around in the middle of the room. I pull down on a lamp thread and the light flickers on. He leans against the door and I raise my eyebrows. "What?" I walk next to him and he sighs, moving away from the door, thinking I'm leaving. I lock the door shut and as I do, sloppy kisses are placed on my neck. He grabs my hips and spins me around to face him. I smile and he asks again, "What?"

"This definitely is sneaky." I kiss him swiftly before there's a rattle on the door. We break the kiss and stare at each other.

He turns his head and whispers, "Quick!" I pull the thread to turn the light off before hiding behind a cabinet. The door rattles as keys unlock it and a man, who begins whistling, steps in. He turns the light on and I look up at Reid, my heart is thumping in my chest. His hand covers my mouth as the man grabs something off the shelf and turns the light off again, leaving the room. Reid removes his hand and we burst into quiet laughter.

I reach up on my tippy toes and kiss him. We stumble into the middle of the room, not daring to break the kiss. The lust in the air is intoxicating. I reach my hands to the bottom of his shirt and start unbuttoning it. He begins undoing the strings on my blouse when both our back pockets begin buzzing. I groan and pull away, grabbing my phone. 'New case. Round table in five.' Hotch messaged. I look up at him and inhale sharply. "Looks like we have to go."

He pouts. "Not for five minutes?"

I start rebuttoning his shirt, "Sorry Reid," He does my shirt back up, "We have work to do." I adjust his tie around his neck and kiss him. I walk to the door and look back. "I'll see you there."

I pull my shirt down a tad and inhale before entering the bull pen.