twelve

been feeling like updating lately to distract myself

but hope yall enjoy anyways

slightly longer update heh

-

they were seated on mingyu's balcony, opposite each other. a teapot and two miniature-like mugs were placed in front of them. pouring wonwoo some green tea, mingyu then took a sip of his own, considering how to answer wonwoo's question. 

"they intrude quite some of your private life, if you're an idol, there's no such thing called privacy, it's just how much you hide from the public, i guess."

"that's disturbing." wonwoo took a small sip of his tea, blowing at the warm tea with a small smile, but it quickly faded. "if there's people taking pictures of you wherever you go, then won't people know about... us?" there was a flash of confusion and panic."your fans will recognise you."

"you really think i was in the idol circle for such a short period of time that i don't know that?" mingyu rolled his eyes playfully. he quickly comforted wonwoo, seeing that he looked slightly unnerved. "it's fine, i wear disguises, or when we go out i book private places. people don't stare at you all the time, you know. it's not like not the whole world are my fans."

"but you're popular." worry was still edged in wonwoo's voice, but it lightened considerably.

"i'll be careful, baby, don't worry."

wonwoo blinked rapidly before his brain actually processed what mingyu said. blushing, wonwoo glared at mingyu as menacingly as he could, trying to hide his flustered state. "mingyu you-" wonwoo swatted at mingyu's arm, making mingyu pout and stick his tongue out at wonwoo childishly.

"don't call me that." wonwoo's face was red, and mingyu chuckling at him didn't help his embarrassment. god damn it,mingyu really knew how to make him feel things.

"but you like it~" mingyu teased. "you're just a shy little baby."

wonwoo's cheeks were tinted with red. standing up, he headed for the balcony doors, but mingyu quickly pulled him back in, his arm on wonwoo's shoulder as he dragged wonwoo back.

losing his balance, wonwoo stumbled backwards into mingyu's chest, unexpectedly landing himself on mingyu's lap. his face was burning, he could even feel how hot his ears were. he just wanted to bury himself and die.

that was very, very awkward. he could feel mingyu's warm breath tickling his neck, smelling of jasmine green tea. he could feel mingyu's chest against his back, stiff. mingyu probably worked out a lot. he could also hear mingyu's heart beat, echoing together with his.

welp.

he went still in minyu's hold, too stunned to move or speak. mingyu's arms were around his waist, holding him against that broad chest. was it weird to admit that he felt safe and comfortable in his arms? it was something he hasn't experienced in quite a long while. it's not that he doesn't feel safe when he's with jun and soonyoung and sometimes jihoon, but it felt different when he was with mingyu. from the start, it always did.

a few heartbeats passed. coming to his senses, wonwoo scrambled up and away from mingyu, his ears burning. honestly frick himself for being so prone to blushing easily, mingyu didn't even look flustered when teasing wonwoo, but now he sure did look a little embarrassed.

"that was a little sudden." wonwoo flinched a little when he suddenly heard mingyu's voice from behind him. great, now both of them were really awkward.

"it was..." wonwoo finally regained his voice, but it was just a soft murmur.

"do you want me to show you around the top floor?" mingyu swiftly changed the topic, distracting the both of them from their "accident".

"um.. sure." wonwoo was a little confused but quickly went with the flow, letting mingyu pull him by the hand and lead him upstairs.

was it weird for him to want those hands entwined with him forever? was it weird for him to already feel attached to someone he just met a few weeks ago, online? was it weird to admit that he was feeling butterflies in his stomach whenever mingyu stared at him, or just talked to him?

thoughts filled his mind while mingyu was bringing him up the stairs. without knowing what he was doing, without thinking, wonwoo laced their fingers together, mingyu's bigger ones intertwined with his smaller ones. mingyu's slightly rougher palm against his smoother one, but it felt so right.

mingyu said nothing, slightly surprised by wonwoo's move, but turned to gently smile at him, giving wonwoo's hand a small squeeze.