Part 8. the artist and the scientist

Note: this chapter takes place during Dolly's rescue.

Dawkins was upset that his comm collars didn't work inside the Black dalmatian's building, he thought he had fixed that problem, but it looks like he hadn't. "Aw, I really thought I had it this time!" Dawkins complained  "can't my inventions ever just work properly without breaking or some other error that would just show up as soon as something important happens!" Dawkins was crying. "Oh, hey there Dawkins...is something wrong?" Da Vinci asked when she noticed him crying. "Yes Da Vinci my comm collars couldn't manage the interference of the building Dylan's in trying to save Dolly, and Because my collars don't work I might have let them down!" Dawkins cried. Dawkins loved Da Vinci more than the others in his family...or maybe it was a different kind of love...they were only step siblings after all and weren't biologically related so... Da Vinci interrupted Dawkin's thoughts "Hey, don't just give up on your inventions just like that, lots of them help our family a whole lot....and nothing works perfectly the first time. It takes multiple attempts to get it close to perfect, I'm an artist, I know." Dawkins smiled slightly then his frown returned "but you're the perfect artist I never see you do something wrong you always just draw without messing up while I.."

Da Vinci loved Dawkins she loved her whole family yes but Dawkins, he was something else for her. Did she love him as something other than just a brother? Da Vinci had thought about this question since she was twelve now that adulthood was a couple years away her feelings for Dawkins had only grown more rather than fade away..Yes.. Da Vinci thought I love him. Only problem was she could never bring herself to tell Dawkins how she feels due to her being to shy. When she heard what Dawkins had said about his inventions Da Vinci knew she had to help him in the best way she could: "hey...I'm going to tell you a secret that I haven't told to anyone else." Da Vinci noticed Dawkins looked confused "what? What is it?" Dawkins asked Da Vinci loved how cute he was "I mess up all the time. almost every time I do an art piece....it's not the way I wanted it to be." She noticed Dawkins looked surprised "what!? You. Messing up! Not possible." Da Vinci chuckled softly  at Dawkins. "Oh its possible, it happens every day. In fact right before I came in to see you I was working on a drawing and I messed it up." Dawkins looked sad but Da Vinci felt it wasn't sadness for himself but he felt bad for her and this is what allowed her to keep pushing to make him confess his love that Da Vinci saw so clearly in him. "We both love to work on things and I view your science projects and inventions as a special type of art!" Dawkins looked surprised but happy Da Vinci knew she got through to him.

Dawkins had never felt this touched before he thought it wasn't possible but if the dog he secretly loves likes his inventions as an art he knew he could keep going. Dawkins also knew he needed to tell Da Vinci how he felt towards her. "Hey Da Vinci...I need you to stay here...please....there's something I've been wanting you to know." Da Vinci looked at him intently knowing this was serious. "What is it?" Dawkins mustered his strength " I love you Da Vinci....not as a brother....but as something more...I want to make you happy, laugh, and loved, you deserve everything and I want to give you everything." Da Vinci was touched by these words " Dawkins...I-I love you too, I can't imagine life without you...and it's OK though because I'm adopted...just like you told me how Dolly was....I know we can't become mates until we turn 18 but we can get close to each other until then.... basically I'm trying to say is that I would love to be your mate." And with that the two embraced each other and kissed when they heard a buzzing on a comm collar. "Dawkins we got Dolly!" Dawkins and Da Vinci were overjoyed with this news and Da Vinci saw Dawkins grin at her before he said in the comm "you won't believe it guys I'm in love with Da Vinci!"