Chapter Five | Essex Skipper

A L E X A N D R A | N I C O L A I D E S

The coffee shop held a nice warmth inside, the wooden smell from the brand-new chairs they have just put in and by 'they' I mean Joey and Aunt Coraline, they have been working together on this new coffee shop business and I would like to be the first to say how amazing it is.

It had the cutest little book section in the corner of the room, he got it from me. The book ideas, I was the first to introduce him to pride and prejudice. It got him the passion to read again, and he mixed that idea with Aunt Corallines passion to opening a coffee shop.

I was being a good grand-daughter in law and helping them clean up the place, I made sure to wipe and sanitise all the counters and to put the forks and knives on every table with a pair of salt and pepper shakers.

"So, how's the girlfriend Aunt Coraline?" I ask her, she shoots me an inward gaze before chuckling.

"She is doing amazing; she is currently in Canada to go skiing." She informs me, I make my way to the back of the till and grab the glasses, she throws me a clean towel to wipe them with.

"How come you didn't go with her?"

"We both have different lives love; I have my business and she wants her fun. So, we decided to long distance the relationship." I hummed in response, "how's your love life?"

"I've been having sex every day." I whisper out, thinking about this morning.

"Wow, everyday? Fucking hell, I mean...how is your pussy doing?" Aunt Coraline scoffs out.

"It's in pain, the thing is I don't care. I love it."

Aunt Coraline shifts closer to me; I push my head back slowly as she leans in. "Can-Can I please ask how if its big or small? I have a feeling it is small for some reason-"

"Now that just hurts my ego Aunt Cora." The both of us jumped from shock, my head snaps to the door to see Ares walking inside holding three coffee cups. Aunt Coraline rolls her eyes, a smile creeping on that gloomy face of hers.

"That ego has to be hurt somehow by someone."

"And that someone is you, correct?" Ares makes his way to me; his arms slide around my waist, and he pushes me into his chest gently.

"Correct Ares." Aunt Coraline takes a coffee from the holder Ares carried, before he snatched it out of her hand and held it high.

"Say the truth Aunt Caro." I could not stop the laughter leaving my mouth, I roll my eyes and place the glass onto the shelf.

"Never! I do not give in defeat Ares."

"That's what you all say."

"You stole one Jones; you're not doing the same to me." They were acting like they were in the Pirates of the Caribbean. Little did they both know; they are in a darn coffee shop. I snatch the coffee from Ares hands, taking a much-needed sip from it.

"Let's admit she was always a Nicolaides." Ares spoke.

Aunt Coraline froze for a moment, looking between the coffee and Ares. "Fine! Fine! Yes, she was always a Nicolaides, now give me that fucking coffee!" Ares hands her a coffee, she evil laughs it before sipping the entire thing.

"Normally a thank you is said Aunt Caro." She flips him off on her way out, I cover my smile with my hand as I settle the coffee down onto the counter. Ares turns to me, he towers over me, his hands brushing the strands of my hair behind my ears as his lips hover over mine.

"Ares..."

"Angelos." He whispers, his minty breath stinging my lips.

My hands slide up his muscly arms, I have an obsession with them for some weird reason. He presses his lips against mine, one of my hands slide to the back of his hair as my fingers dig into his skull. My heart beats only for him, and funnily enough as does his. I guess you could say it is a shocking surprise to have someone feel the same for you.