Chapter Six | Fatekeeper

A L E X A N D R A | N I C O L A I D E S 

MATURE 🔞

I could not stop moving around in bed, my stomach was churning, and I felt sick.

Heavy arms gatekeeping me from running to the bathroom, I feel sweat along my forehead. I slowly sit up, not wanting to wake Ares from his deep sleep. What on earth was this weird feeling? Pregnancy? No, I never vomited on any of my pregnancies before.

I gently peel Ares' arms from my waist and shove the covers off my legs, I watch his whole body turn to the side.

I slide out of the bed, and tiptoe towards the bathroom. I close the door behind me and shove my face into the toilet before vomiting.

I did not stop vomiting for ten minutes straight, tears were swarming in my eyes.

"Alex-" I close the door on his face using the back of my foot.

"No! Do not com-" I vomit once again, he pushes the door open, and I feel a presence crouching down beside me, rubbing against my spine. He drags my hair back, I continued to vomit until I felt as if my intestines were going to come out. It was that stupid out of date coffee! I knew it was old.

"Did you eat anything?" He asked me, I bring my head back up. He slides the towel of the rack and wipes my mouth; I push his hands away from me and go back to vomiting. It felt as if my intestines were going to come out with the vomit, I wiped my mouth with the towel and slumped back against the wall.

"I-The coffee...the milk was out of date." I whisper out.

"I think you need some food in you." He whispers.

Once we cleaned myself up, I settle on the island chair in the kitchen. I felt absolutely awful, i bring my knees up against my chest and rest my head on it. We hear the neighbours playing a certain song, Ares sets the pan on a light heat before he makes his way to me. "What are you doing Ares?"

One of his arms wraps around my waist and he pulls me off, I find myself pressing up against him. He looks down into my eyes, "you want to know what this song means?"

"What does it mean?"

Ramasse-moiQuand tu voudras

"Pick me up. Whenever you want. Kiss me. Whenever you want. Pick me up. Whenever you want." His lips press on the corner of my mouth, and then he presses his lips against mine in accordance with the song's directions.

My heart was fluttering with butterflies. His nose brushes up against mine, and I look him in the eyes. They were usually so exquisite, like if I were looking through a crowded forest. However, there was a sense in my heart that I could not shake. My heart was flaming as it banged against my ribcage.

It is glowing.

And the butterflies.

He twirls me around before pushing me right against him. "Do you think you could be pregnant?" He whispers.

"No, I never had sickness with my pregnancies before..."

The doorbell rings, who the hell is coming to our door at five in the morning? Ares steps away and goes on to answer the door, I follow after him with a glass of water to see a mailman handing him an envelope. "Who is that from?" I ask, going on to switch off the pan he left.

"My mum."

"What is it?" He shrugs his shoulders, ripping the letter open as he takes out what looks like a wedding invitation? I sneak beside him and peak to see it actually is a wedding invitation. "Artemis is getting married?" I whisper out in shock.