Chapter Twenty | Twallowtail

A L E X A N D R A | N I C O L A I D E S

FOUR MONTHS LATER

MATURE 🔞

Time flew like a plane.

Adeline is now four months old already, and she has become our ray of sunlight. I had no idea she would save me the way she did, how she would protect me more than I to her. Her soft green eyes, reminds me of her fathers. That man does have strong genes.

She settles down silently, her eyelids closed tight. I put the formula to the side of the rocking chair that I sat on and wipes her lips.

New white rays pour through the same window and curtain, highlighting the richness of the various tan tones that weave together to produce the fabric I like.

The browns are as different as sand dunes at morning, and as beautiful as the lightest of wood washed up on windswept waves.

In the light, the beams appear to wave with the undulating pleats, yet they are strong and true, providing structure and shape. The intensity builds and softens as the seconds pass, bold and tender, speaking of the day that passes in the world beyond.

Ares pushes open the door of the nursery, I look up and give him a smile. I stand and settle Adeline into her crib before removing the blanket away from her mouth. I tip toe out of the room, flicking the light off.

I close the door behind me.

He leans against the banister of the hallway, his arms folded as he examines my body. "Stop doing that." I whisper, moving closer to him.

"Stop doing what?"

"Stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?" He questions, brows furrowed.

"Like you want to do something to me." He moves closer to me, his hands resting on the back of my head.

"Because I do, I do want to do something to you." He whispers, afraid to wake up Adeline. "I want to fuck you." Ares lowers his mouth to mine, and the minute our lips connected, my entire body burst with yearning. This kiss began tentatively. Controlled and conscious. But it absorbed and consumed me, and the experience drove me insane.

We were able to establish our beat with just one breath. I matched him and surged forward, thrusting my tongue into his ravenous mouth as his lips were supple on mine. This kiss was risky and intense. Adeline could wake up any moment now.

He grasped my hips in his firm hands and pushed me back against the banister, where the cold metal edge dug into the small of my back through the thin cotton tank top I was wearing.

The way he attacked my mouth was nearly violent. I groaned and grasped fistfuls of his t-shirt, desperate for it to be removed from between us. Our kiss was considerably more daring, but also more wonderful. The need between us was intense. We have not had sex in four months, and every day was a struggle for us.

Even if we started to get off, Adeline would block us by crying.

It is annoying but I would not switch anything for anything.

When I stopped tugging at his shirt and slipped a hand inside the hem, placing my fingers on the warm, strong ripple of muscles over his stomach, he let out the lightest sigh. I help him raise the shirt over his body, and he throws it to the side. His hands moved forward on my hips, focused on the zip-per of my jeans.

I slide it off my legs, his hands trailed over the delicate flesh at the top border of my black silk underwear edged with red lace, and his tongue latched onto the side of my neck.