From Now On

A/N: WAIT UNTIL I GIVE THE SIGNAL TO PLAY THE AUDIO!!!

*********                  ****************                 ******************** ******************************

It had been 11 years since Keefe had fled the Lost Cities. He's been living in London, living a normal human life. It had been uneventful. Dull. Without Sophie's rays of light, life had no meaning. Ever since he left, he's been learning to control his powers, he built a life for himself. Got a steady job, an apartment, and lived a life of solitude.

It was just another dreary day. Keefe had fallen into a routine. Get up, eat, work, self reflect at the bar, sleep, and repeat. He had no friends. He had no family ( He wouldn't dare call his horrible father and even more horrible mother a family. ).

He had no Sophie.

Keefe had learned how to control his powers. His extra sensitive empathy wasn't as sensitive if he knew how to shield correctly. And he had first arrived in London at 16, he had to become nearly a mute to society, and learnt sign language. But he learned how hard it was to be a mute in a very talkative world. With help from a few generous pedestrians, and observing humans, he was able to learn how to speak English and be a part of society. Which wasn't anything special.

He had never learned what happened with his friends and the Neverseen. Sophie most likely forgot about him, she probably got back with Fitz. He had no doubt that he could sweep her off her feet again. They probably got their match lists and each had each other's name as their #1 Match.

It was better this way anyway.

He didn't deserve Sophie. No one truly did.

*************************************************************************************************************

Sophie sat beneath the Panakes tree. She had been searching for Keefe ever since she found his letter, she had scoured human cameras all over the globe with Dex and Tinker's help. Her friends had been supporting her through it all.

*****************************************************************************************************

Fitz was with her when Sophie found the letter. He saw her face when she read the letter.

She loved him.

She really, truly, loved Keefe. The heartbreak said all he needed to know.

After that, he knew they belonged together. And that he was gonna do everything in his power to help her find him, and be there for her as her friend to get her through the days to come. At that moment, when Sophie read the letter and collapsed onto her knees, Fitz had a heartbreak of his own. It hurt that the girl he loved was deeply in love ( though she still hadn't realized it ) with his best friend. But he quickly mended it. Sophie needed him. His own heartbreak couldn't last very long.

Tam and Linh did their best to help in the Black Swan while Sophie tried to balance looking for Keefe and Team Valiant and everything else. Going on missions to spy and being sent in combat to help others in the Lost Cities being attacked by the Neverseen ever since they started raiding the homes of innocent elven families. Marella and Maruca did the same, using their abilities to help wherever they could.

Dex and Tinker worked tirelessly making new gadgets for Team Valiant and the Black Swan. When Dex wasn't designing gadgets, he worked with Grady and Edaline trying to comfort Sophie.

Biana took over directing Team Valiant for Sophie. She had become the second bridge between the Black Swan and the elven community. She worked speaking out for the Black Swan at the elves, assuring them that they are good. And that the Council and the Black Swan together, they were unstoppable, creating hope in the elves. There were even rumors that the Council was thinking about replacing Councilor Alina with Biana as a new member.