Keefe's Sacrifice ( Part 2 )

To say Sandor was mad about how the Neverseen got in her room AGAIN was an understatement. He ordered the other goblins to do a full sweep of the grounds.

Sophie meanwhile, had a lot to think about. The place where trees grow and souls are never lost was obviously the Wanderling Woods. But, Sophie didn't care about the location. She cared about how Gisela was obviously plotting an ambush.

That's what this was, right?

Just...a really obvious plot to capture her or kill her right?

How were they gonna ask her to meet them at NIGHT, BY HERSELF, WITH NO BODYGUARDS, and expect her to come willingly?

They had hurt her like, A GAZILLION TIMES!!!

But....Gisela had also said it was a temporary truce. But what did that mean? Keefe's mother was a psycho with no good intentions. And what if she really DID have information? Sophie thought. Then her mind came to a bone chilling thought.

What if the Neverseen.....had captured Keefe?

She tried to wipe it out of her mind, but it wouldn't go away. If they DID have Keefe, they most likely wanted something. Or else why call a meeting and a temporary truce?

Unless they wanted to capture her too....

Sophie spent another hour evaluating her choices, and eventually she decided that she WOULD go, but make sure that Flori would be hiding with the roots underground. She would also take Dex as her one-friend-that-wasn't-a-bodyguard. And Tam would shroud himself in shadows, and watch in case anything happened. But she knew that Sandor would INSIST that he should go. And Mr.Forkle and the Black Swan would come up with a super complicated plan to try to capture the Neverseen, that would most likely end in failure. But she didn't want to scare Lady Gisela away.

So they were going to have to sneak away. And be careful to not let anyone know.

She asked Flori, and she agreed that even though she did not like this plan, she should at least be prepared.

Sophie spread out her consciousness, contacting Dex, and telling him the plan. She didn't want to hail him, in case a triplet or a bodyguard overheard.

You're crazy. BUT, I guess you're also taking precautions. Right?

Right.

Ok. I'll come over later and I'll say I want to change Iggy's color again to cheer you up.

Great. See you later.

After that, she contacted Tam, and his thoughts were as icy as ever when he spoke.

Are you sure this'll work? What if they planned ahead for this? And then we ALL end up captured, or worse.

We're taking LOTS of precautions. All of us are taking a melder and throwing stars just in case. Plus, Flori can fight if she needs to.

Ok, but don't say i didn't tell you so if they end up ambushing us with far better resources.

I have multiple abilities, a bodyguard, weapons, and two great friends that are ALSO armed and are great fighters.

...Fine. But that doesn't mean something won't go wrong. We've taken every single precaution possible before, and we still lost.

I know, but we still have to try. Don't we?

Yeah.

So, are you in?

Of course I'm in. Just don't expect a million dumb jokes from me like Keefe.