~𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚞𝚗𝚜𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢~

to stick together, must love together

---

the pair had arrived at an old looking house that wasn't even five minutes away from bights headquarters.  it was a humble house, with a simple exterior, windows with velvet curtains and a door that fondly displayed a brass bell. a cute porch lavished the doorsteps, paint was peeling from the rickety roof, and tiles were missing from the walls. taehyung could perhaps see a family of four living comfortably there, but seven stray teens? maybe not.

mr. bang seemed to detect the invisible grimace buried in taehyung's controlled face. 

" i know its a bit cramped, but it won't be that bad."

taehyung didnt want to know what "that bad" specifically meant.

mr. bang led taehyung up the front steps and reached out an arm to push the bell next to the door, but before he could ring it, the door itself opened rather violently to reveal a tall boy who couldn't be more than nineteen, wearing a black tee and jeans. he had long black hair that sculpted around his long handsome face. he was an intimidating boy, a boy with striking features that held so firm and bold.

a few seconds passed with nobody speaking. the boy in front of them tried for a smile. taehyung thought he looked much more pleasant-welcoming- with his dimples showing. 

"hi. you must be..." the boy didnt seem to know what to do with his hands, running them through his hair, lacing fingers together, rubbing them against his thighs. his voice was deep with some sort of ring entangled in it that made it have a sort of thoughtfulness. 

taehyung bowed. " i'm taehyung, nice to meet you-"

the boy again smiled, moving to the side so mr bang and taehyung could enter. "you can call me namjoon, or hyung..you are younger, no?"

" um, eighteen."

taehyung really wasn't paying attention to what namjoon, or hyung, was saying. he was glimpsing as subtly as he could into the hallway namjoon was blocking. as far as he could see, it was a short hallway with many doors and arches that led to bigger rooms with tables or posters plastered around the walls, plants dangling from the ceiling from wires. he stepped into the house with a slight hesitation and kicked off his shoes, pushing them with his toes to a shoe stand, determined not to look directly into namjoon's eyes. he felt that because they were so black, the unfamiliarness with knock him over.

" yes, that means im older. nineteen, if you wanted to know. so...a tour, or an introduction?" namjoon was mostly looking at mr. bang, who was still outside the door, rather then taehyung. he seemed just as shy as the other. mr. bang nodded.

" glad to see you boys will be getting along." mr. bang did another uncomfortable smile, as he took a few steps back. "why now, i need to get going. i'll be checking on you all this evening, to see how taehyung has been fitting in."

namjoon and taehyung nodded, taehyung still furiously clutching onto his bag like his life determined to it; namjoon keeping his posture as mr. bang turned around and reentered the black suv. namjoon pushed the door shut once mr. bang and the car was out of sight.

he sighed, and gave a much more relaxed, pure, smile to taehyung. taehyung was rather shocked namjoon held such a charming, kind aura. perhaps becoming true friends, family, was easier than he thought.

namjoon held out his hand, and taehyung shook it firmly. he could now stare into the others eyes now, and realized maybe, under the black coal color of his eyes, there was a fire of warmth and a compassion of life, that wrapped taehyung, a blanket, a shield from the cold in the house.