十一

~ 𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝?~

everywhere i go, i get hit in the face with the past

---

jungkook missed taehyung.

he wished he hadn't been so stupid, so dumb. he wish he wasn't so stupid, so dumb. if only he had listened to tae when they were still together...perhaps they would still be together.

~

in their one year relationship, taehyung was the sparky one. he was loud, fun, a wild spirit. he wanted to go to amusement parks, prank their friends online, go to museums, travel together. he wanted to let loose and be free, be happy with jungkook. jungkook though, was not sparky. he was just the quiet one. poetic, a little sad. he wanted to sit in bed and cuddle and kiss taehyung all day. he wanted to love him silently and smoother the other with showers of love. he wanted to stay behind to their own beat, rather taehyung would rather dance brightly among the world. 

jungkook wished he could spend another day with taehyung doing sparky things; being unchained, soaring through the sky and living life on the edge-so they could make bold memories he could never forget.

taehyung wished he could spend another day with jungkook doing quiet things; just holding onto each other and valuing one's touch and one's affection-in order to remeber the feeling of silent ecstasy.

neither of them would get what they desired for a treacherously long time.

~

present, 1 year into big hit, 5 months into debut

" why in the world are you two whimpering?" yoongi snapped, throwing a cube of pineapple at taehyung's eyes.

taehyung moaned and wrapped his arm around jimin's neck dramatically, " rest in peace! we pray a peaceful departure..."

jimin sniffled; yoongi rolled his eyes.

" its just a fucking vase, you two. isn't that like the millionth one?"

jimin turned around and glared at yoongi, who was lounging on a chair eating fruit. 

" hyung!! its the oldest vase yet; joonie hyung managed to not kill this one for four months!"

the three of them were in the backyard because taehyung and jimin wanted to bury the most recent ( now dead ) vase. the two best friends had stuffed the broken pieces in a bed of soil and petals. taehyung had asked -forced- jungkook to paint a rock to resemble a gravestone that was adorned with flowers. the stone read,

-rest in peace-

vase number ?

lived a long, long, long life

died to cruel circumstances

we miss you tremendously with enormous effort

taehyung and jimin had shoved themselves into black blazers and had bought white hankerchifs; both of them being awfully emotional. no one else of bangtan wanted to attend the funeral (which jimin took to great offense), but jin forced yoongi to go outside, bribing him with cut pieces of fruit, since he did not trust the two in the backyard alone. in jins defense, the last time taehyung and jimin were in the backyard together unsuprivised, they hung wooden bird houses on every branch of every tree, every plant, so it looked like the garden had walls of wood.