Chapter 7: The Alpha or Omega?

Two years have passed now since ive been in this correctional facility for assault-... It wasn't assault i was defending myself. Nevermind, whatever. By now, I have fully healed from some of the bruises I have from that very night. I healed physically but there was still a lot of emtional trauma and psychological damage I have taken on since. It's been so hard to be able to function normally, especially given the fact that I am still in this damn cell for something I did not do.

But luckily, my time of serving this sentence is almost up since they can legally hold us minors in juvenile for up to only two years. Usually, people are excited to be released but as for me, that isn't the case.

Today the juvenile center will take me in for updated hearing of my case to inform me of where I will be going and what programs I will have to complete after being released back into society. Since I am so close to turning legal this month, I hope they decide to just put me in transitional housing. Something, anything other than putting be back with that she devil's hell home.

*12:00pm hits on the clock*

*keys clanging against my cell door's lock*

Officer #1: Alright young lady, its your time to come so that we can see what the case worker that is assigned to you has for today.

I sat in silence, staring at the officer for a moment, took a long deep sigh while my body droops down. I complied and got up for the officer to handcuff me and escort me to a holding room to be interviewed.

*sigh* "Sure officer" I said as we headed down the hall.

Officer: "You know that's probably why you have ended up in such a predicament here.."

Me: "And what do you mean by that?" i snapped back at him.

He just looked at me and stayed silent. My body's temperature began to heat up a little as i let the statement he said play over and over in my head.

Wtf does this pig f**cking mean by that? I wish i could just show him im not the one to f*ck with fr! Wait, calm down. I'm trying not to make myself no more hell than what it has been these past 2 years..

After a few more hours passed by, I finally got everything situated with my caseworker and the court made the final decision to put me in the transitional home program available for minor defendants. Yes, just as i prayed for many nights in that cell. Finally something I deserve. Something that will make my life at peace far away from the lady that ruined me.

This was a fresh start..

a new beginning..

I was taking in all of the positive energy I was feeling from hearing this news fully unaware that this is not just the beginning.. but the beginning to the End..