Chapter 2: Long, Late Night

I am not my struggles,
I will survive this and OVERCOME it.
I WILL KEEP MOVING FORWARD.
Nothing.. will keep me down,
I am a SURVIVOR.
I will rebuild myself stronger than before,
WATCH ME.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

It's the beginning of summer. Ah, I'm glad I'm away from that stress-free school and that hell-bearing home I live in. Walking down the street in my neighborhood, I began scrolling through my text messages to find my best friend Jhade. I have to meet up with her, especially since we have a long weekend and I have nothing better to do with my life.

(texting sounds coming from my phone)

Come meet me at the end of my street where the stop sign is in about 5 minutes.

(Jhade replies back instantly)

Sorry. I can't right now. Mom assigned me chores for this week. Maybe tomorrow?

(I opened the message and replied)

Okay, cool. See you then.

I continued my daily stroll for about another hour or so until I finally decided it was time to go in and freshen up for dinner. I realized it was a quarter 'til 9 until I actually decided to get home. I stepped onto the porch reaching for the doorknob when ...

Unknown: "Pssst ... Over here!"

I looked around the neighborhood, up and down the sidewalk to see nobody there. So, I turned back to reach for the door again.

Unknown: "I'm over here by the tree."

It was my knuckle-headed best friend Jhade. I should have known she lied when she told me she had chores! Heck, she never does them even if her mom did assign her them.

Me: "Omg. You're so bad."

Jhade: "I thought you knew best friend? I know I am."

Me: "Lord, come sit by me on the sidewalk I'm not trying to go in that house with that woman anyway. So, why did you lie to me earlier?"

Jhade: "Because hanging out in the middle of the day is lame now. Lol. Plus, my little boo junt was over at the time."

Me: "SO! You still could have told me. But oooh, did yall have fun? What'd yall do?"

Jhade: "Girl, we had fun lounging around the house watching movies and eating up snacks that's all. It was the best moment I've ever had with him, considering the fact that I won't see him as much now that he has this new job."

Me: "Oh, well it must have been nice."

We both laughed and sat on the sidewalk for about 15-20 minutes knowing that I did not want to go inside just yet. Stalling and stalling, we talked and joked until we couldn't anymore. It was a little after 10 when Jhade went home. I walked into the house and locked the door behind me. Everything was still and quiet in the house. Nothing was alive.

Ms.Keanna? Where is she? She must be sleep. I knew myself too well that I am jumpy, timid, and paranoid about everything. I tried to pretend that I wasn't and walked down the hall into my room. But there was one problem... I have to pass her room to get to MINE. Holy crud I'm so screwed.

The floor creaks with every step I take. Usually, in this very moment, teenage girls would get caught sneaking back into their house by their mother or something but .. nothing tends to happen. I got to the point where I was halfway down the hallway. I was right beside her door. It was cracked open, not too much for her to see me and just enough for me to peek through.

SHE WASN'T THERE !! I began to go into one of those panic episodes. Where could she be?! Then I remembered.. she works overtime tonight. My heart stopped racing. Man, I'm so slow! I walked normally the rest of the way to my room. I wasn't hungry so I skipped dinner and freshened up for bed.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Why do I feel heavy all of a sudden? I'm half awake and half asleep. And my breathing... I can't breathe well. Am I dying?

I opened up my eyes to pure darkness. I had sort of an advantage and could see a bit in the dark room I was in. There was a figure on top of me. It looked somewhat like a woman.

*SMACK*

Woman: "Where have you been tonight? We're you out with that girl again?! Huh?! I told you to not be a hoe!"

She smacks me over and over. She's on top of me sort of suffocating me. I begin to tear up in my eyes. It's Ms.Keanna!

Ms: Keanna: Pull your pants down.

Me: I DON'T WANT TO!

Ms. Keanna: PULL THEM DOWN!

Me: But-

Ms.Keanna: NOW!

I still laid there in fear and was paralyzed by it

I still laid there in fear and was paralyzed by it. She forcefully unclothed me and began to kiss down my stomach. I finally snapped to reality and tried to get her off of me. She wouldn't budge at all. She held me down to the bed and began to touch me inappropriately.

HELP ME !!