Ezra

(POV:Reader)

I turned sideways, feeling the soft covers and fluffy pillows...? I opened my eyes, a bit confused, surprised, and relieved to be in bed instead of that dreadful room. I sat by the edge of the bed, contemplating whether to get up or not, but decided to go downstairs after much internal debate. I changed into a red with white sleeved, lace dress, leaving my hair down and walked down the stairs.

I grew a bit concerned at the sound of clattering metals as I walked down the last steps. I hid behind the tall beams watching the two young men fight, a sword and a long candelabra. I recognized the two of them, one was the captain that had escorted me alongside father earlier and the other was the young man who helped me stand up to father, and who I had run into earlier.

They kept fighting until they were both in front of each other, weapons and candles against each other, pushing back and forth to see who was stronger. They both let go when father and his other guards barged in. The man in the white shirt and purple pants was cornered by both the guard and father. I wanted to help, but knew that would only get me more time in that room.

-"Good work, captain, now arrest him" father ordered.

-"Claim sanctuary" the captain whispered.

-"No, it's a trap"

-"Say it!" the captain raised his voice a bit, but not too much.

-"I'm waiting captain" father walked over to them, I hid behind the beam, almost shaking in fear that he'd see me.

-"I'm sorry, sir, he claimed sanctuary, there's nothing I can d-"

-"Then drag him outside-" father was cut off by the priest.

-"Frollo! You will not touch him"

-"Mr. Frollo learned years ago to respect the sanctity of the church" with that said father left with his guards alongside the captain. The priest held the young man's hands, saying a quick prayer before leaving.

-"They'll be guards on all doors," I told him as he rushed to the door.

-"What?" he turned, walking towards me.

-"You've angered him, he won't rest until he has you hanged for what you did" I half-explained.

-"I just stood up for the boy, so did you"

-"I know, but I'm to stay here forever, he won't let me out" he sighed, a frown growing on his face.

-"There is a way out, for you at least" I took his hand, taking him over to the secret tunnels the priest had shown me years ago.

-Walking thru the tunnels-

-"Can I ask you a question?" I asked and received a nod.

-"What are gypsies like, father only describes them as cruel thieves and such" he stopped, turning to face me.

-"You want to know what we're like?"

-"I know it's a rather odd question, but I'd like the truth, what father says doesn't seem to be honest" he looked like he was contemplating his options.

-"How about a trade?"

-"A trade?"

-"I'll answer your questions in exchange for my own answered"

-"Deal"

(A/N):

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!