29

"𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐀 𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐔𝐒"

i'm not really sure what came over me. one moment i was driving to a venue that i was supposed to cater, and the next im at the hospital. i don't even know what happened, but everything hurts. i have a cast on my arm, and my head is all wrapped up. and yet through all this, no one is here.

well except for kenma.

but i'm feeling a odd sense of deja vu right now, i think he's feeling it too. this is the first time i've been in a hospital since tetsuro died. i still remember it like it was last week, he was lying down, patched up like i was. only his condition was worse. and there i was, standing exactly where he is standing. helping me drink the same water i helped him drink, feeding me the same food i fed him.

"are you okay?" he snapped me out of my trance, "in what way?" we both chuckled looking at my cast. "i told them to give you a f/c cast considering it's your favourite colour and all." kenma said putting down the cup of water.

"where's mom and dad?" i asked looking around the room, "they're stuck in berlin. they tried to get out of the trip but the company wouldn't let them" he said. "are they gonna call?" i asked sadly, "your mom is going to call soon i think. your dad is in a meeting right now" he said.

"are you feeling an odd sense of deja vu right now?" i asked, "i thought i was the only one" he said tying up his hair. i looked around the room to see if his nintendo was here but surprisingly it wasn't. "it's in my car. i dropped everything as soon as i got the call" he said.

"kenma, are you crazy? what if it gets stolen? or your car is all messed up!" i exclaimed, "a car and a switch is replaceable, you are not." he said lying down next to me on the bed.

flashback

"oh shit! i forgot to lock my car!" i exclaimed, "y/n are you joking? what if someone broke into it and stole things?" he exclaimed, "everything in there is replaceable. you are not. we don't know how much time you have left, so, i need to spend every moment with you."

end