XIII.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act ii !

— 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐍 of a few weeks, Willow had managed to get much closer to the pack — despite the rocky start

And along with becoming acquainted with the pack, she'd also become more acquainted with Paul.

Specifically his mouth.

They'd finally got to go on the date Paul had asked her about after they'd talked to the Cullens, and by the end of it Willow was sure she wanted to be with Paul romantically and not just platonically.

Their relationship was still new, and they were getting used to the transition from 'strangers to slight enemies to friends to lovers' — Embry's words, not hers; but for the most part, things were going pretty smoothly.

Until Bella Swan came around.

All Willow knew about her was that she and Edward used to date and that he had dumped her after an accident with some rogue vampires.

He'd explained to her what both a blood singer and a mate were to a vampire. And then he'd explained how he'd confused Bella for the latter — when really, she was the former. Her blood was extremely appealing to him, and he'd mistaken it for thinking she was his mate.

After the whole situation with James — the rogue vampire they'd ended up killing, Edward had decided it was best if they stopped their relationship.

He'd broken up with her in the hospital, and ever since — she had been clinging to Jacob Black, her childhood best friend, and latest victim of her unrequited love.

The Swan girl had somehow gotten it into her head that the more reckless she was, the more likely Edward would be to come back to her — so she'd been hanging out with Jacob, partially as a rebound — and doing stupid activities like riding motorbikes super fast to get Edward's attention.

It hadn't been working.

But recently, Jacob had phased. And as per Sam's rules — he couldn't reveal his secret to anyone who wasn't his imprint.

But of course, Bella had the Quileute boy wrapped around her little finger, and Jacob was very much upset that he couldn't tell her about what he was. Willow had witnessed the boy's anger firsthand, as she had spent a lot of her time with the pack at Emily's and the beach.

So when Embry and Jared walked into Emily's house — where she had been helping the older woman make muffins, she was very much confused to see Bella slowly trailing from behind.

She didn't know what had happened yet, but she knew the girl's presence couldn't mean anything good.

And as both present Quileute boys gave her and Emily a rundown on what had gone down at the Black residence, Willow realized she was right — and her dislike for the Swan girl was very quickly increasing by the second. It registered somewhere in her brain that this was the angriest she'd ever been before, but she honestly could not have cared less at the moment.

Paul and Jacob had just managed to get back from the woods by the time the boys were done relaying the story, and the both of them immediately froze at the sight of Willow's frosty glare shooting directly towards Bella.

The girl shifted uncomfortably under her stare and smiled awkwardly in a feeble attempt to defuse the tension.

It didn't work.

"So...you think it's okay to just put your hands on someone like that? You think it's okay to hit my boyfriend?" She snapped, stepping closer to Bella, as the rest of the pack watched.

Jared and Embry were smirking in amusement as they continued to munch on muffins, Emily wasn't too far off from that either — though she had enough decency to try and hide it, Sam was keeping an eye on Jacob to make sure he wasn't getting angry enough to phase, and Paul was just staring at Willow in awe.

Bella quickly shook her head, sending a panicked look toward Jacob. "I didn't mean for it to happen. He just made me so angry-"

Willow was quick to cut her off. "Oh? So you're saying it's okay if I hit you right now, because you pissed me off, right?" She was within arm's length of the other girl now. "I mean, it's only fair."

"That's enough, Willow." Jacob finally spoke, and the brunette snapped her head to glare at the wolf.

"Back down, Jake. You don't scare me." And then she turned to face Bella once more. "Paul may not be able to hurt you, because his pack brother will continue to protect your dumbass — but there's nothing stopping me from getting back at you for him."

She took one final step closer to the now-shaking girl and sneered down at her. The height difference was very pronounced now that they were so close together, and it only served to intimidate Bella even more.

"Touch my boyfriend like that again, or touch any of the pack members like that — and I'll be explaining to daddy why he can't recognize his own daughter's face."

Willow didn't bother to wait for a response from the pale-faced brunette and turned back to sit down next to Embry.

The room remained silent for a few moments, thick with tension — until she heard the sound of receding footsteps in the distance.

When Paul sat next to her a moment later, a smug smile ever-present on his face — Willow couldn't resist the urge she had to smile at him.

"You're cute when you're protective, babe." He teased, much to Willow's embarrassment.

She blushed, her smile turning sheepish. "I honestly have no clue what just came over me. I sounded like my classmates back in California. Super bitchy!" She paused for a second to shrug. "I'm not sorry, though. Not at all."

Everyone in the house laughed, and just like that — everyone was good again.

She now knew a few more things about Bella Swan than she would have ever liked to know.

One: the girl was absolutely stupid in every sense of the word.

Two: nobody in the pack except for Jacob really liked her. And for a multitude of reasons, at that.

The pack — because of having to hear Jacob pine for her pathetically despite it being obvious that she will always choose Edward over him, and vampires over the wolves.

Willow — because of what she did to Paul.

And Emily and Kim — because they felt like her entire existence was disrespectful to the imprint bond — with the way Jacob was more than willing to reject the imprint for her. They couldn't exactly be mad at their boyfriends' pack brother about it, after all...

And three: the thing Willow was most sure of...was that Bella Swan was definitely a problem.