XIX.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act iii !

— 𝐀 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐔𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 about Willow staying with Briar at home and a car ride later — and the brunette found herself standing in front of the familiar sight that was Emily's house

"I still wish you had just stayed with your cousin." Paul grouched, as he began shamelessly stripping in front of Willow.

The teen paid no mind to her increasingly revealing boyfriend and crossed her arms. "Stop throwing a hissy fit, babe. I wasn't going to leave Emily here by herself when there's a crazy vampire loose."

The Quileute boy only sighed, before he tied his clothes to his leg and locked eyes with Willow. "Just...be safe, alright?"

Willow nodded, "You too." And then he turned towards the woods and phased, while she walked into the house.

She knew this was probably going to take a while.

— 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇, 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 found herself to be right.

The two women sat down on the couch and sighed in unison. They then turned to look at each other, before turning to look at the TV once more.

The silence that followed lasted only a few seconds, before-

"I'm bored." They both spoke at the same time, before sharing a laugh.

"What do we do now?" Emily asked, and Willow shrugged.

"Honestly, I usually just eat when I'm bored. But then again — I haven't been bored in a while thanks to our supernatural future hubbies and co."

That earned another laugh out of the older woman before she pointed to the kitchen. "Do you wanna make something? I'm stocked up pretty well right now, and I'm sure the boys will appreciate it."

Willow smiled. "That's a great idea! How does homemade pizza and brownies sound?"

Emily smiled sheepishly. "I'm totally up for it, but just so you know — I'm a better baker than I am a cook."

The brunette smirked in response. "And I'm a better cook than I am a baker. We're gonna be a great team."

— 𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 later — the two women had taken their time preparing the food, a slice of pizza each; and the girls were now satisfied.

They were in the middle of discussing their favorite places in Forks when Emily caught Willow longingly staring at the brownies on the counter. The Makah woman laughed, before grabbing two pieces and giving one to Willow.

"We should cook together more often, Willow! Not to be biassed or anything, but our food is great."

Willow laughed, before nodding in agreement. "At this rate, the boys aren't gonna have any food to eat when they come back."

But before Emily could respond, the sound of thundering footsteps nearing the house caused the women to sit up in alert.

A few moments later, Paul was the first one to walk into the house — an angry scowl on his face.

Willow and Emily shared a look.

They knew that whatever had happened on that chase was not good.

— 𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 boys had varying degrees of anger written across their faces, and Willow and Emily were confused about how to help.

Everyone was either sat down, or standing around the kitchen and table areas, and it was completely silent.

The boys were obviously in no mood to talk — or to at least start the conversation, but the longer their anger festered the worse it would be later on. And it would probably lead to a fight between two or more of the boys.

Either way — the result was not pretty. So Willow broke the silence.

"What happened?"

Everyone turned to look at her, and Paul huffed.

Complete and utter chaos ensued.