XXII.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act iii !

— 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐈𝐍 the room was at an all-time high

Thankfully the Cullens caught on and finished the meeting with as much grace as they could when one was speaking to their natural-born enemies.

The tension between Paul and Jacob rained heavily on the entire pack...being so close to the one thing they were made to kill — as well as the person their argument was about...it wasn't good for the pack's sake at all.

On top of the newfound tension between Paul and Edward because of the way he upset the Quileute boy's imprint — the meeting honestly could not have ended sooner.

Everyone was quiet as they made their way to Willow. Paul kissed her forehead softly after getting into the truck, and then they were off — the rest of the ride remaining in complete silence.

This was not good. For anyone.

— 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 pings of her phone, as she tried to watch a movie with Briar.

Paul had dropped her off at home before he left to go patrol, and Briar — having sensed her bad mood, had suggested having a movie night.

She could feel her cousin's eyes boring into her head as she steadily ignored the pings.

When it finally stopped for a moment, Briar finally spoke.

"What's going on, Willie?"

Silence.

"Did you have a fight with Paul?"

"...No."

The Quileute girl huffed in annoyance. "Alright, then spill. What the hell happened? You've been weird ever since you got back."

When Willow still didn't reply, she felt her cousin get up from the couch.

"Fine then. I'll just find out myself." And only when she reached for the younger girl's phone, did Willow finally jump into action.

"Fine! I'll tell you, just like- relax! No need to snoop through my phone, Jesus." She grumbled.

Briar only crossed her arms. "If you don't wanna talk about it, I can respect that. But for the love of God, either talk to whoever's got you pissed off and fix your mood, or silence your cellphone. It's very hard to enjoy Face Punch when your phone is beeping every five seconds, and you know I've been waiting for this movie to leave the theaters and come out in DVD form."

Willow sighed but nodded nonetheless. Opening her phone, she quickly read through all of the messages.

Edward
Lola, I'm sorry.

Edward
Please answer.

Edward
I shouldn't have shut you down like that.

Edward
Lola, come on.

Edward
Talk to me.

Willow
I'm seriously upset with you.

Edward
I know.

Edward
I'm sorry.

Willow
Good.

Edward
I think you might be right.

Edward
About the Volturi.

Willow
Call me. Right now.

Willow was quick to excuse herself from the movie, ignoring the look of relief on her cousin's face.

Before her phone could get even get through the first ring — she picked up her phone.

"I am very tempted to make you confess out loud that I'm right and you're wrong, but I won't." She said, not even bothering with a greeting.

Edward sighed through the phone. "I said you might be right, Lola."

"Same difference. Now, what is the plan?"

The vampire made a small noise of surprise. "Paul didn't tell you?"

"None of us were in the particular mood to talk on the way back home. I know you know why the pack was tense thanks to your stupid abilities, and my reasons were obvious, so." She huffed.

Edward ignored the jab at his ability and answered her question. "Jasper has experience with fighting newborns, so we've agreed to train in preparation."

Willow tried to ignore the way her stomach churned at the thought of an army of vampires coming to Forks.

"So you're all fighting?"

There was a small pause, but it lasted long enough for Willow to understand that she wasn't gonna like whatever he said next.

"Well, Bella actually doesn't want me to fight."

For a moment, Willow was actually struck silent in shock, before his words fully registered in her mind. "And you agree with her!?"

"Lola-"

"No! Do not Lola me right now, Edward! What the fuck!?"

"Victoria wants to kill Bella as revenge against me for killing James. If I stayed out of the fight — I could lure Victoria somewhere else and kill her."

"That is fucking bullshit, Edward! How dare you expect my family to go out there risking their lives for your stupid girlfriend, all for you to not even be standing there alongside them?" She seethed.

He sighed. "It's not like that-"

"It's exactly like that! God, I can't believe you're even trying to defend yourself right now."

"It's for the best."

She froze at those words, her veins going ice cold. Any and all warmth Willow ever felt for the bronze-haired vampire was long gone now.

"No. What would've been best is if you had never come to Forks. Never met Bella Swan. Never mistook her for your mate. Never took a clumsy human to a supernatural baseball game. And so on and so forth. That's what would've been best."

She hung up before he could reply, as she finally allowed a few tears to escape.

She really needed Paul — and the fact that she couldn't be with him right now because of Edward struck her so hard that she sunk to the floor in sobs.

She could faintly hear Briar trying to get her to calm down and focus on her, but there was only one thing on her mind.

This was all Edward Cullen's fault.