Chapter 5: Diplomacy

Hà Nội, Socialist Republic of Vietnam
Grand Vista Hotel
Central Calendar 1637 (2028), March 22th, 20:00

A white colored hotel room on the 14th floor was lit up with lights as four occupants, dressed in aristocratic clothes, put down their bags in chairs near the beds. The four had on them encrypted magicomms to communicate amongst each other, as well as a code that was written on their arms: Pour la glorie, signaling they were intelligence agents from the Parpaldian Empire, unlike the crude appearance of the Lourian spies over the past few days.

"Her Highness seems to like to ramble her mouth about equality," an Agent said.

"You do seem to dislike Her Highness do you? Now, now, she did make our Empire strong as well." Another Agent rebutted him.

"I agree, however, take into consideration that she is the leader of the opposition who opposes war. With war comes the opportunity to exert out influence on the world lest we be conquered by a higher superpower like the Muians."

"Sigh. I understand your views on Her Highness, however she personally requested us to come here. That shows a level of trust that is rarely seen with her. Do you want to break her trust and get us all executed by guillotine? Careful what you say."

"Let us just get the job done, then we leave this barbaric nation. So what if they have buildings so majestic and so high, their military is most likely not on the same scale as our mighty Army and Fleet. Bah!"

The Agent just shook in his head in dumbfoundedness as his comrade kept on ranting about Remille being a bad example of a Princess in the Parpaldian Imperial Family, as well as how the nation they were supposed to gather intelligence in was a "barbaric" nation in his view and how they should have not bothered to come here, only doing so as a request from Her Highness herself. It was definitely going to be a long night, especially with how the Agents somehow managed to get past Vietnamese security, with the help of Vietnamese IDs this time, carefully trying not to make the same mistakes as the Lourian spies.

Needless to say, the police and military around the area already got wind of the Agents and were on the verge of launching their high profile raid. Elsewhere near the hotel, in a yellow colored room, there was a meeting filled with CSCĐ officers, dressed in their usual black uniforms, along with combat equipment, huddled around a map of the Grand Vista Hotel.

"Alright listen up, this raid was approved by the Army Senior Colonel in charge of this portion of Hà Nội himself, so have high expectations from him. He wants them captured alive so once we snag them, we hand them over to the Army and have them deal with the fallout from there. Now, here is the plan." The commanding officer, a police Senior Colonel, pointed to the entrance of the hotel.

"The hotel has been informed of us and staff will open the front doors for us. One group will take the front entrance. Highly risky so be careful and take the stairs; try not to create much noise as well. Another group will take a helicopter and take the roof of the building, and do the same as the first two groups. So far, just a simple plan. Is that understood?"

"Rõ!" All the officers acknowledged their superior's orders.

"Now let's get moving, this is an important operation, we don't want the Army breathing down our necks! It's either go big or go home!"

Swarms of officers loaded up the trucks, hung around their shoulders were either locally made PP-19-01 Vityazs or the newer AK-12SPs, an improved version of the original AK-12, which had problems that caused it to fail in combat in several instances. The switch from 7.62x39mm to 5.45x39mm was done to compete with the rising tensions made by the People's Republic of China in the South China Sea and near the Sino-Vietnamese border, as reports of Chinese body armor stopping 7.62 were innumerable and caused great concern from Vietnamese High Command. The decision was that the police and the Southern military regions would start receiving the new AKs first as they were likely to engage in combat in the sea first or be on police raids, respectively. Then, they would trickle to the Central and Northern military regions afterwards. The program also included new equipment and is slated to finish within the next two years, however, due to the Summoning, there was some months of delay delivering the final batch of weapons to the Northern region, so they would have to wait a bit longer.