You/Ganyu - Mistakes

TW: Mentions of suicide

You hadn't done anything wrong

You hadn't done anything wrong. You kept to yourself to keep others from finding out about your true identity. The only person who knew the real you was Ganyu. You trusted her with your life so you knew she wouldn't betray you. You were just confused as to how Xiao came to find out about you.

"Please. I beg you. I haven't hurt a single human. I just want to live in peace."

Xiao pointed his pole arm at you as you got down on your knees and clasped your hands together. He scoffed at you, not believing a thing you said. You were a demon, created to cause humans pain.

"Peace? You know no peace. You live for destruction and chaos. I've never met a demon who hasn't hurt a human. It's in your blood to hurt humans."

You were in tears as you heard him talk. He wasn't going to change his mind about killing you. You had only been turned into a demon by a cruel mage for daring to speak up against her. After taking her down, you ran away. You were afraid of your demon nature ever taking ever to hurt others.

"I...I hurt someone." You flinch as he pricks you with the blade of his weapon. "She was a cruel mage! She wanted to cause my village harm. I tried to fight her but she turned me into this. As soon as I helped take her down, I ran away. I do what I can to avoid others! I haven't seen a single human since I moved here. Please! I beg you!"

If you weren't blinded by your tears, you could see that Xiao was second guessing himself. A demon never begged for his life, much less cry. He always had to fight them before ending their life. You were doing the opposite of what a demon would normally do.

"I can't risk it. A demon will always hurt humans. Besides, your way of life is not living. I'm doing you a favor."

"P...please!" Xiao was right. Living in the middle of nowhere away from people was no way of living. You had been miserable when you first moved. If it hadn't been for Ganyu coming into your life, you would've let him take you out of your misery. "I'm not ready to die! I beg you!"

Xiao was surprised that you weren't fighting for your life as you continued to beg. He was starting to doubt having to kill you.

"Why do you beg for your life? Why do you wish to keep living?"

You take a second to calm yourself so you could talk.

"A woman. I've come to care quite a lot for her. She's kind to me and isn't afraid. She treats me like any other human. I only wish to live just to tell her goodbye. I know she would be looking for me if she visited and couldn't find me. I only ask to give me a chance to say my farewells."

He brings back his polearm back to his side.

"Just until you've said your goodbyes. I'll be watching you until then."

X

For the next several days, you could feel someone staring at you. You knew it was Xiao but it was still unsettling that you couldn't see him. While you waited for Ganyu's arrival, you began to write a letter to confess everything. You feared you might be too emotional to confess so you decided a letter would be the best way to let her know everything.