chapter 3 - Reuniting with family (2)

9 pm.

Rohit’s family finally sat down together to have their dinner.

“Your father was halfway home when something cropped up at work again, so he was delayed by more than an hour,” Devika complained as she placed some food in Rohit’s bowl.

Rohit was holed up in his room for more than an hour. He also forgot about his dinner, but fortunately, his father was late because of work.

“It was an emergency. I had to go back and take care of it first, ”Rajeev replied helplessly.

“Let’s ignore your father. His mind is always fixed on his stupid company.” Devika rolled her eyes at Rajeev.

Rohit smiled.

When he was in high school, his relationship with his father was a little tense. Rajeev had great hope for his child, so naturally, he was strict. However, Rohit was in his rebellious phase, and he didn’t study well. Thus, the conflict between him and his father got more intense. Fortunately, his daughter Roohi is more obedient and talented than his stupid son. She came first in her class since she was in kindergarten. Sometimes he wondered if Rohit was his son?. The nurses at the hospital didn't exchange his original son for this arrogant little brat, would they?

At the dining table, Rohit and Rajeev were quieter as compared to Devika and Roohi. Devika placed food on Rajeev’s plate and chatted with the father and son.

Rohit enjoyed this atmosphere.

Rajeev had a short conversation with Rohit. He was mostly concerned with his studies.

Rohit’s replies were quite standard. He wasn’t as childish as before, and he didn’t throw tantrums or smash plates. Rajeev was pleasantly surprised. He felt that his son was different today, but he didn’t overthink it. After finishing his dinner, Rajeev left the table.

As the boss of a huge company, he had many things to settle every day. Most of the time, he could only sleep for four to five hours daily.

Rohit left the table after his dinner and went upstairs to his room.

He then opened his computer and search for the best martial arts academies in Mumbai.

The martial arts Academy is founded by the pioneers who want to the other world Xenos through dimensional rifts and became very powerful martial warriors.

The pioneers didn’t just bring back the methods of cultivation from Xenos. They also brought back many new technologies.

The Force rune was one of them.

By combining the technologies from the Xenos and the Earth, Force technology was born. From then, cars started to use the Force. Later on, computers and phones also shifted to the newly invented Force runes chip and batteries. They worked faster and could last longer…

Based on the information he found, Akash martial house was one of India’s top three martial arts academies. The principal of this school was an 11-star low-tier general-rank martial warrior. He was ranked among the top 20 warriors in India.

Worldwide, he was ranked among the top 50.

There were different ranks for martial warriors: 1-star to 9-star were soldiers, 10-star was brigadier general, 11-star was low-tier general, 12-star was general, 13-star was high-tier general…

From this, one could tell how powerful the principle of the Akash Martial House was.

The headquarters of the Akash Martial House was in Capital Delhi, with its branches spreading over the big cities in India. They had a lot of martial warriors in their employment and had given birth to many powerful people.

The Mumbai branch of the Akash Martial House was situated beside the sea. The landmass it covered was comparable to a high school.

The best thing was he have to drive 20 minutes to reach Akash martial house.

Half an hour later, he got all the information he needed about martial arts academies, and also he selected which martial house he'll be joining in the future.

He then left the computer and start reading books.

Rohit already vowed that he will not let his life turn miserable again so he had no choice but to study hard.

Rohit's father put him forcefully in the science stream, so this was also a huge burden on him so he have no choice but to study diligently.

Then he opened his language book and started reading but for some reason, it didn't appear to be boring this time.

He always felt dizzy whenever he read books but something has changed this time.

2 hours later he completed 1/10 of the whole book by reading one whole chapter.

Suddenly a transparent screen popped out in front of his face and glowed with a faint blueish light.

Enlightenment: 24 (mortal realm)

Physique: 31 (mortal realm)

Strength: 50

Speed: 35

ACADEMICS : (out of a hundred)

*Language - 17 (+10 up)
*English - 13
*Mathematics - 05
*Statistics - 03
*Physics - 07
*Chemistry - 04
*Biology - 10

Rohit stared and blinked twice but the screen was still there.  Then he rubbed his eyes but the screen didn't disappear.

Rohit started to wonder has he had gone crazy by reading books? but suddenly a thought appeared in his mind.

Is it the work of the same mysterious power that sends him 12 years past in his life?

If that's true then are the numbers represent his knowledge of subjects? If that's true then he has a lot more than he thought on his plate to finish up.

Rohit felt as if the system is mocking him!

Reading up these numbers again Rohit felt really embarrassed but the saw a light of hope this time. After reading the language book's first chapter his ability went up by 10 points and he clearly remembers everything that he read as if the first chapter of the language book was printed on his head.

"Is it because of the system?"

Rohit taught, that there is still a chance to pass the final exams if he continues reading diligently.

Rohit look at the clock and it was 11:45 pm already so he didn't waste too much time and went to sleep.

After all, tomorrow is Saturday but Rohit still has to wake up early because he was planning to go to Akash martial house and register himself as a member.

With a happy smile on his face, he fell asleep for the first time in a while.