Chapter 9: Wild Rose Pub

When Rajeev returned home at around 8 pm, Devika asked their helper, Aunt Mala, to call Rohit and Roohi down for dinner.

Rohit had just finished bathing then. After changing his clothes, he was blowing his hair with the hairdryer.

“Okay, Aunt Mala, I will be down in a minute,” he replied.

After becoming a martial disciple, his sense of hearing had gotten better. The noise of the hairdryer didn’t disturb Aunt Mala’s voice at all.

Within a minute, he dried his hair and unplugged the hairdryer. Then, he went down for dinner.

Rajeev, Devika and Roohi were waiting for him.

There were a few dishes on the table, steaming hot and fragrant. The family of four sat around the dinner table and started eating.

“Son, how was your practice today?”

Devika asked the question Rajeev wanted to ask. He looked at Rohit intently.

Honestly speaking, Rajeev had a hard time being Rohit’s father. Most of the time, his friends would boast about their children in front of him, telling him how outstanding they were or whose child became an intermediate stage martial disciple and an advanced stage martial disciple or whatnot.

Rajeev was the only person who couldn’t brag about his son. He was the CEO of a huge company worth a few hundred million, but his son was ignorant.

If he talked about his son, other people would laugh at him.

Now, his son finally got his head straight and was willing to practice martial arts. Once he became an advanced stage martial disciple, he could finally boast to his friends.

“Not bad. My senior brother from the martial arts academy said that I’m talented,” Rohit replied.

He didn’t tell his parents that he was already an intermediate stage martial disciple. He was afraid that they would faint from the sudden piece of good news.

He would release the news to them slowly in the future.

“It’s good that you’re talented. That’s good.”

Roohi silently gave Rohit a thumbs up from the side.

Rajeev was so happy that his eyes couldn’t be seen properly. He waved his hand and said, “You just need to practice properly. Our Sen family might not be extremely wealthy and powerful, but we are at least better than ordinary people. You don’t have to worry about martial arts resources.”

Rohit just nodded, not saying anything.

He wasn’t worried about resources. Other people might need all sorts of martial arts resources, but he didn’t need to rely on them.

He had a bug with him. Other people’s resources were his resources too!

“Come, eat more food. You’ve practiced the entire day, so you must be tired and hungry.”

Rather than hoping he would become a martial warrior, Devika was more concerned if he was tired or had suffered. She felt her heart hurting a little when she saw him stuffing down his food.

Rohit didn’t have the time to talk. He had to admit that star beast meat was very delicious. It was fatty but not greasy, and it melted in his mouth like cotton candy.

When he swallowed the meat, he could feel a stream of warmth spreading throughout his body. It soothed his tiredness and fatigue.

Devika, Roohi and Rajeev ate some meat too, but they didn’t dare to overeat.