Chapter 13

Rosie POV

I peer suspiciously around the corner of the hallway, making sure that Uncle Vino is nowhere in sight.

Yes, he is still here. Technically, albeit Ares and Ace being scary-ass alphas, their uncle holds superiority over them. Due to that, they can not kick him out, send him to the cells, or even beat him a few times.

I am left defenseless.

The boys are sleeping right now, but I am extremely hungry, and I cant bring myself to disturb the beautiful sleeping faces of my mates.

Tip-toeing softly against the carpeted floor, I stealthily dart across the hallway. Fear shoots up my spine, scared of being venerable to the open air. My feet get to the steps, and I shriek and I stumble down one, for the darkness obstructing my view is blinding.

Tendrils of hair that have escaped my bun tickle my neck, making me shiver even more than the arms of coldness are.

As I creak the kitchen doors open, I cringe at the noise it makes. My senses are on high alert. Muscles are taught, ready to lash out at anything that comes near me.

If anything happens like the other day, I will scream, and damn— they are screwed.

Shaky hands of mine grip the fridge doors, slowly opening them to avoid the loud air suction sound. I contemplate what to eat.

Pomegranate? No. Takes too long. Lemon? Not in the mood. Banana? Ew. Apple? ... and so the cycle of thoughts continue.

Suddenly, a pair of hands grasp my waist. I quickly thrash, but they don't budge. Another pair of arms cover my mouth before I can belt out a scream.

I try to kick behind me, but my leg just hits open air. My arms and body are useless. Panic raises in my head, all of my instincts trying to formulate a plan for escape.

That is, though, before they register Ace and Ares' scents.

"Boo." Ace says in my ear, and he lets go of my arms and body. Ares follows suit with my mouth, and glare, swearing profusely at both of them. Slamming my fist into their chests don't phase them, but I think that they understand the principle.

"C'mon, babe, that was funny." Ace smiles at me while grabbing my wrist, but I rip it out of his hold and punch him again.

"Assholes." I shake from the fury I feel, and I slam the fridge doors. Walking away, I hug my sides for warmth.I am hurt- feeling somehow betrayed at how they did that. They know that I am on flip-out mode, and they know that I am extremely edgy right now. If my punches actually did something useful, those boys would be begging for mercy right now.

Hopefully, my words— or lack thereof— will get to them, make them understand what hurt I experience right now.

"Rose, sweets-" I cut Ares off with a shriek of mine, which trills high in annoyance. I turn around and glare at them, before turning back to my path and walking away.

"You can't ignore us forever." Ace puts as more of a question than statement. Oh yeah, he is right, I sure as hell won't be ignoring them forever. But I can ignore them for a very long period of time.

"Babe, it was a joke-" I am shaking with unleashed anger right now, and I cut both of them off by doing something I thought I would never do to my mates.

I slapped  them.

Ares on the left cheek, Ace on the right. And while I am horrified at my actions, I can say that I am satisfied by the shocked look on the boys faces, which now bare bright red hand marks.