Ch. 15 - The Conference

"So," Chosen began, "I think you all know why we are here."

All the sticks were sitting at the dining table, but not for any food.

There was no talking.

No laughter.

Instead, looks were being exchanged, as everyone was thinking the same thing:

Who was the impostor, even if there was one?

"Yes, we do," Deserved replied, "Uni is dead. We must send out a team of sticks to revive him. And our 'Void expert' should go." He glanced at Cobalt.

"We'll discuss that later," Chosen said, "For now, the impostor is more important."

"The impostor morphed into Multi," Elemental stated.

Everyone except Multi and Cobalt looked at him.

"Well then," Purity said, breathing a sigh of relief, "it can't be any of us, because none of us can morph into other people."

"Well... that's true," Lime said slowly, "But then who was it, if not us?"

Smiling, Kod, Positive, Disaster, Vermillion, and Ditzy looked at each other.

"This smells like Dark," Vermillion said.

"What?!" Chosen snapped.

"Have you forgotten?" Smiling said, not smiling, "During Endgame, Dark managed to sneak a ViraBot into our base... without us noticing!"

Yellow made a face. Blue continued munching on Nether wart.

"That's true," Ragey said.

"Except ViraBots aren't that lethal," Chosen pointed out.

"Well," Disaster said, "he could've made another bot that's more dangerous than a ViraBot; like, one with sharper knives?"

"That is possible," Lime said.

Suddenly, Chosen leapt out of his seat and rocketed across the table towards the open door. A thin, red leg was visible for a split second before disappearing.

Deserved and Second followed. Up ahead, they saw Chosen battling the ViraBot- or, what looked like a ViraBot.

Second vaulted forwards, summoning energy to his arm, and backhanded the Bot. It slammed into the wall, legs-first. Hissing at Second, it pounced, sending ViraSpikes at the other two as it went.

Pinning Second against the wall, the Bot spun its teeth in a menacing fashion. Second lasered the Bot's mouth, and the Bot flew backwards. Deserved came in and landed a bright yellow blow on the Bot's back. Chosen blasted a pillar of fire at the Bot, and the Bot fell to the floor, skidding a long way before coming to a stop at the head of the stairs.

The three sticks landed. As they neared the Bot, they saw that it was glitching, changing into random sticks then back: Purity, Vermillion, Plasma...

Second peered down the Bot's throat. Squinting, he saw a small screen with lines of code quickly being typed, no doubt by the Bot.

/status = [damaged]&type[serious]
/msg.@receiver = "The_Dark_Lord"
| msg = "Master, they know."
/msg.function = [send]
/changelog{msg.function[send]!status = [complete]}

Second shot a laser down the Bot's throat, and the Bot exploded, its body steaming, its circuits popping.

"Dispose of it," Chosen said.

As Second kicked the mass of metal away, Chosen turned to Deserved.

"Well," he said, "That explains everything."