Ch. 29 - Unified As One

Atop the Warden's back sat Cobalt and Ditzy. Uni stood floating above them, his eyes glowing red, two ViraBlades at his side. Using one of them, he pointed at Dark.

"You... why did you kill my brother?"

"I did nothing," Dark replied, looking up at the stick.

"You created the ViraMorph."

"Oh, I forgot about that." Dark chuckled.

"THIS IS NO LAUGHING MATTER!" Uni howled, "Bring Multi back, or face the consequences."

"By sacrificing one of you? Multiversal's time has come; yours hasn't, apparently, and for that, you should be grateful-"

A fireball blew up the ground in front of Dark, sending him crashing backwards into the hill behind him.

"Grateful?!" Uni spat, "For what?! The death of my own brother?? I'll tell you what I'll be grateful for, Dark...

"I'll be grateful for your ultimate demise."

The hillside exploded. Dirt and dust flew everywhere as Uni slowly but surely bashed the living daylights out of Dark.

Uni suddenly heard someone behind him shout, "Uni!" It sounded like Multi! Uni turned... to see a mere ViraMorph.

Dark took his chance to kick Uni in the back, causing him to fall to the bottom of the hill. Dark rose into the air, electricity crackling around him, and prepared to strike.

Just as he was about to unleash a nuclear blast, the earth erupted underneath him, and two pillars of stone snapped him up. The rock pillars shuddered, then sank back into the ground.

Everyone looked at Elemental, but he shook his head and pointed.

Multi stood floating above the Void hill, his hand outstretched, pointing at the place Dark had been. Electricity flickered around him, and his expression was one of absolute hatred.

Uni gasped. "Multi!"

Multi's expression softened at the sound of Uni's voice. Hurrying over to where Uni stood, he flung his arms around him and sobbed.

Uni patted his back. "It's okay. I'm here now."

Multi nodded, wiping happy tears from his eyes.

At that moment, the earth behind them burst apart. Clods of grass and dirt rained down on the sticks as Dark rose from his would-be grave.

"ViraBots!" he roared, and all the Bots on the battlefield responded to his call. They flew into the air and came to a stop behind their master.

"Assemble," Dark growled, glaring down at Multi and Uni.

"My time, apparently, isn't here, Dark," Multi said.

"I'll make it so," Dark hissed, unleashing the ViraBots.

Dust rose. Random fire, lasers, and rock pillars shote out of the clouds of dirt and grass. The earth shifted every time a rock pillar was summoned. Sounds of swords clashing and mechanism whirring rang out across the battlefield. Finally, a bright white laser shot out of the plumes of smoke shredding a last ViraBot and dissipating the dust.

Multi and Uni stood there, eyes glowing pure white. Both of Multi's hands were on fire, and Uni had ViraBlades held in both of his. All the ViraBots were gone- nothing left but bits of scrap metal and broken springs.

Dark's eyes widened with a mixture of emotions: shock, outrage, and... was that fear?

It was. They were outnumbered. There was no hope left of winning.

"C'mon," Dark muttered to King and Purple, "Let's go."

Purple turned to follow Dark, but King stayed where he was, a manic gleam in his eye.

"Where are you going, O mighty Dark Lord," he called, "when we can still have so much fun?"

He raised his hands, and mobs rained from the sky.

In all the sudden chaos, a cave spider took a liking to Chosen and bit his leg. A wave of nausea washed over him, and before he knew it, the spider had pulled him up the Void hill, towards the edge!

Chosen frantically conjured a lasso and threw it, hoping it would latch on to something.

It did.

Chosen pulled, but he was still sliding.

His legs went over the edge, and so, very quickly, did the rest of him.

He was soon falling, and just as soon stopped.

Looking up, he saw that he'd latched onto the Dark Lord, who was grasping on to the edge of the hole.

Dark struggled, trying to get the lasso off his leg.

Why? Why was it always Chosen who messed things up?

King and Purple landed next to him.

"Help me!" Dark called to them.

Instead, King stepped forward and said with an evil grin,

"It's your time to go, Dark."

"No..."

King kicked Dark's hand off the edge and watched as the Chosen One pulled him into the Void.