Ch. 21 - The Mineshaft

The mineshaft entrance wasn't the best thing Uni had seen all day, but it did bring some warmth to his chest.

The grass around the entrance was yellow, as if the mineshaft spread death vapor. The wood was dirty and corroded, and the stone floor was cracked and moist, with moss clumps growing here and there.

"You ready?" Cobalt asked.

"I guess so," Uni replied.

They stepped into the mineshaft and the world faded to black around them.

Uni lit up his fist so they could see better.

"Oh, no," Cobalt groaned.

Tunnels branched off of the main passage, rendering it impossible to know which one was the correct one.

"Guess we'll just have to try each one," Uni said, trying to keep thing light.

Cobalt sighed. "Very well."

The first tunnel led to a partially-blocked-off mob spawner. The spawner was deactivated, however, so they turned back.

The second one contained several minecarts filled with precious minerals and a lost bat. They decided to leave it there and keep going.

In the third, they found a cave housing some mobs and an out-of-place looking ruined portal. Getting rid of the mobs that tried to attack them, they turned back again.

Only until the fourth tunnel did they find some different- more specifically, an exit. Sunlight dazzled them as they came out of the tunnel. Up ahead, they could see a mansion overlooking a village.

"Do you think?" Cobalt looked at Uni.

"Maybe," Uni said, "Let's take a look."