Chapter 3: Katniss

Winning the 74th Hunger Games was really easy, but not losing a revolution. President Snow wants us and the guests to compete in the 77th Hunger Games! Really? Just after the 76th Games which was a month ago? The Hunger Games is an annual event, not a monthly event! Well, I mean, it's not district to district. We have guests from the kingdom of Norta.

I enter the Training Center, my eyes are thirsty for the look of the bow. I arrive at my place, the archery station. I let my hands run through the silver, plastic, and metal weapons. Using a bow and arrow is easy since I use it when I hunt with my friend Gale.  I take a silver sheath of arrows and a matching bow. "Are you Katniss?" a voice asks. I whip around finding a girl around my age. She has brown and gray hair, with striking purple tips.

"Yes," I say. "Are you Mare Wheelbarrow?" 

She rolls her brown eyes. "It's Mare Barrow." 

I ignore her and stand far away from the dummy. "Could you teach me some archery skills?" Mare asks.

Instead of answering her, I shoot the arrow. It lands directly in the center. "How about you just pick up a sheath of arrows and bow? It's easy," I say.

"But if you give me some pointers," Mare starts.

I shoo her away. "But if you go to the spear throwing, I will give you pointers never. Now go." I say.

Mare stomps away. My shoulders relax. As I pull back the string, I feel a tiny tap on my arm. "Hi, Rue!" I smile and hug her. "What do you need?"

Rue sadly looks up to me. "That boy took my slingshot."

Angerly, I march to the boy Rue pointed to. I raise my bow and load an arrow. The arrow points to his heart. "Give back the slingshot," I say.

The boy laughs. "Me? Give back the slingshot?" he picks up the slingshot. "I don't think so." 

"You will," I say. "When I shoot you."

A boy that looks like his twin pushes him away. "Maven! Did you take my sword?"

"Yes! You stupid children don't need weapons," I think Maven says.

I lower my bow. "We're not children." 

Maven throws the weapons behind him. It lands on the floor. "Sure you are."

"MAVEN! WHAT THE HECK? YOU THINK WE'RE CHILDREN? DUDE, I'M OLDER THAN YOU!" His brother slams him against the wall.

 2 peacekeepers jog up to the boys and separate each other. "Watch out Maven, you're gonna be the first one I get in the arena!" His brother stomps away.

"Oh, sure thing, Cal!" Maven screeches.

So far, I think the Hunger Games is gonna be a death trap.