Chapter 8: Cato

"Glimmer blacked out!" Clove screamed. We turned around, finding Glimmer unconscious.

I roll my eyes. "Oh, just let her be. Marvel, can you carry her?"

"Me?" Marvel points to his chest. "She probably weighs like, 120 pounds!" Marvel hisses.

"I don't care," I say. "Just do it!"

Marvel grabs Glimmer by the leg. "How about I drag her?"

"Fine. But if Glimmer wakes up while you're dragging her, I'm blaming you." I say bitterly.

Clove scrambles her hands in the bag. "Is there like pills that can wake you up?" She asks.

Annie looks through Finnick's and her bag. "I have something!" A voice says. It is Finnick!

"Finnick?" Annie looks confused. "How are you-"

"I tangled the mutts." Finnick grins.

Marvel lets go of Glimmer's leg. "OW!" she groans. 

Clove jerks her head to Marvel. "Wow, Marvel. She just woke up!" She says flatly. Clove put her hands to her face to pretend she was shocked. "Are you gonna tell her you dragged her by the leg?"

Glimmer stands up and swats Marvel. "WHAT THE HECK? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING IDIOT?" She says.

Marvel puts his hands up. "Not my fault. Cato told me to," he says, smirking at me.

"Really, dude?" I say. I take out my sword.

Clove pushes me from Marvel. "Let's find a new camping site."

After a few hours, we find a cozy place full of the berries that we all like. I plop on the ground a strip the fruit of the bush. "Ohhhh," I say. The fruit juice sprays in my mouth.

Clove nudges me. "Cato, I have so many of these berries in the bags!"

"Whatever. They're the same," I say.

Annie gives a handful of berries to Finnick. He wrinkles his nose and pushes her hand away. "They taste sour," Finnick says again.

"You have bad taste buds," Annie pops five in her mouth.

I grab an empty bowl and fill it with handfuls of berries. "What are you doing?" Glimmer asks.

"Breakfast!" I say. "I'm making fruit mush."

I take a knife and cut the berries up until they turn to jam. "Tada!" I beam.

That night we await the dead tributes. Unfortunately, no one died. "Wait!" Annie spits out her water. "We didn't kill anyone!"

Who cares? We are already dead.

I'm sorry for the short chapter. Don't worry, the next chapter will be longer.