Chapter 4: Cal

I'm really mad at my brother. He stole my sword! What a jerk. "Cal, it's just a prank," Farley pats me on the back. 

I jerk my head. "Was it?"

"Yes," Shade nods. "Believe it, dude."

I try to get Mare's attention, but she kept spinning a spear. "You know Tiberias?" Evangeline chuckles. "You should give him payback in the arena!"

"I will, with a slash of blood spilling," I say.

Mare looks at me with a frightened look. Instead, she tosses me a long, sharp sword. "Training, people! Training!" She orders.

Kilorn tosses his fishing rod over his shoulder. "I'm ready!"

"No, you're not," Cameron smirks and walks away.

His face turns beet red. I'm impressed that he can make his face red, not peach-colored. "C'mon, Cal," Kilorn stomps away.

"And that's why you never mess with the wrong person," Evangeline mutters. "Unless it's Kilorn. You can mess with that dude,"

I point to the sword station. "That's where I want to be. The conversation over there," I walk off.

"No one is there, Cal!" Mare screeches. 

My sword cuts the dummy's head, arm, and legs off. The second dummy I stab in the chest. "Nice," a male voice says.

I think it's Maven, but he doesn't have such a low tone like that. I think of Shade, but his voice isn't so intimidating. Instead, I whip my head around, seeing a boy that is, maybe 19. Like me.

"Thanks," I say. "You Cato, right?"

Cato smiles. "Yeah, you got that right, bro!" he takes a curved sword with a thin, sharp blade. "Here, maybe try to use the sword like this," I watch as I hear the sword go back and forth.

I am impressed! He sliced all of the dummies' heads in one big motion with his arm! Cato kept cutting the dummies until all of the body parts were tiny pieces. "Here," Cato gives me the sword he used and took mine. "That sword is more effective for killing and slicing," He then walks away.

I smile but then a wave of fear washed on me. He can kill the dummies so well that he can kill me! I slap the thought away.

I turn to Cato. He's talking to his allies from the last Games. He points to me, a girl with brown hair nods and 2 blonde heads smile in approval.

Whatever their thinking, it's probably to kill me.