Chapter 12: Cameron

It's been one day since Farley died. We are doing terrible without her, and our group of allies is slowly thinning. "We only have 8 people!" Sara complains, taking her piece of bread and chewing it aggressively. 

"Should we ally with the Careers?" I say. "I mean, they are pretty lethal, but we are too, right?"

Evangeline shakes her head. "I doubt they'll let us in. They only count other tributes to their group if they show exceptional skill," She says.

"Well, I can use a gun pretty well!" I say. I pick up Farley's blowgun and hold it. "See?"

"The first time we saw you, you were holding your gun the wrong way! Cam, that's not impressive." Evangeline throws her knife at a nearby tree.

I toss the gun to the ground. "Well, what can we do? If Farley was here, she could kill people off easily!"

Gisa scans my face. "Don't give up so easily! Give up RIGHT NOW!" She says.

"Wow, thanks for the inspiring words," I say flatly. 

I then plop on the ground and wait for cannons. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

"Wha?" I ask. I notice that Tramy is shooting the sky. "TRAMY! What the heck are you doing?"

He smiles. "I'm trying to shoot 'cannons' so the Careers will think that some of us are dead! See? I got BRAINS,"

"Only some of us have brains," Evangeline hisses. "You and Bree are the most STUPID people we've met,"

"RUDE!" Bree says.

It's suddenly nightfall and we all get in our sleeping bags. "You sure she's here?" A boy asks nearby. I turn my head and find the Career pack again.

A girl with red hair thinks for a second. "We heard 3 cannons earlier, didn't we? She's probably dead,"

"Well, she is pretty deadly. When I was getting a pack, she threw a knife at someone's back. Effective, but not impressive," A blonde-haired girl says.

"But you said she's deadly,"

"I was just saying,"

I keep hearing the Careers talk about this girl. I wonder who it is. Wait. Knives, killed a boy at the Bloodbath? It's gotta be Evangeline!

A guy with a trident looks at the redhead "What's her name, Annie?"

"Her name is Evangeline Samos," the girl Annie says. "Before Clove died, she told me to kill this girl named Evangeline. Silver-white hair, cold eyes, and pale skin."

"Let's go over there. That girl Evangeline Samos must be there."

The blonde girl grabs her spear. "She's good with knives, so be careful everyone!"

Oof. They are hunters. Hunting for us.