Chapter 9- The Bite part II

They walk together with the crowd of bustling families, the yells of teenagers exclaiming their love for the film drown out the sound of frantic worrying of Dustin. The group leaves the cinema trying to blend in even with their blood-permeated clothing but what they thought was an easy job soon turns into the opposite when the members spot Security guards checking IDs at the exit.

"Abort. Abort." Dustin shouts pushing the dazed teenagers backwards as they start to run the opposite way, this time Erica grabbing Willow's hand when she starts to slow down. The young girl pushed the older down the gap in between the escalators before jumping down the slide after her.

Having no option but to hide, the group hides behind a counter as Willow pulls Erica underneath her body when she hears multiple footsteps approaching their hideaway. Holding her breath Willow can't help but pray for a saviour, her hands lightly shaking as she looks towards Erica.

Her prayers are answered by the sound of a car alarm going off, distracting the guards as it launches towards them flipping over. Willow looks towards the above railing expecting to see some sort of deity but is instead shocked to see Max and her friend El who is holding her hand out as if reaching for the car.

Willow checks their surroundings, confirming the Russians' deaths before jumping out from their cover and rushing towards Max as she does the same.

Running into each other's arms they tightly hold onto each other, Willow softly rocking her younger sister as she rests her chin upon her head. Once max is satisfied that her sister is already she pulls away with a shocked expression once she sees the state of Willow's face.

"Omg, what happened to you?" "Russians" "You have no idea how scared I was, I- I thought Billy got you, I thought you were flayed." Max lets out a shaky sigh of relief while Willow just stares at her in confusion.

"What? Did he hurt you?!" Willow crouches down to look at Max. "No- No, he's hurt so many others, but you have to understand he's not himself Lo."

"What is going on Max? Why are you here?" Willow looks at her in confusion to which Max only lightly grimaces, the group drawing the sibling's attention away from their discussion. "El has superpowers," Dustin exclaims pointing towards the girl who she had seen together with Max quite frequently this summer.

Willow had been glad to see Max hanging out with another girl, she had been happy to hear their giggles from her room, yet now she was unsure... Had this girl dragged Max into danger?

An argument ensues as Willow keeps her eye on the magical girl as she slowly walks away from their circle. Willow furrows her brows as she notices her discomfort paired with her brutal noise bleed and pale skin.

Willow breaks off from her sister to go help the girl as she clutches her ears in pain, Willow catches her before she can fall, quickly shouting out to the others for help as she holds the whimpering girl in her arms.

"What's wrong with her?" Willow shrieks towards the group clutching the poor girl straining to hold up her head with her injured arm.

Nancy Wheeler goes to uncover a pulsating wound at the bottom of the girl's calf to which they all exclaim in disgust, Dustin stopping himself from vomiting at the sight.

Willow observes as something strange seems to wiggle underneath the girl's skin, trying to get out as she continues to wail.

Willow readjusts herself so she can gently hush the young girl, trying to bring her focus away from her grotesque wound. Nobody knew where to even begin leaving her in agony, screaming out for help. "Someone get it out!" Willow shouts, looking towards the others incredulously as she struggles to hold the screaming girl.

Jonathan Byers spurs into action, going off to retrieve some items and bringing back the only tools available for slicing open a wound while Willow tries to keep the girl awake alongside Max.

"Hey, hey, stay awake. It'll be over soon, you just have to wait a little longer ok?" Willow reassures the sobbing girl as Robin panics starting to ramble about some soccer team she was on where the goalie's bone came out of her knee.

Willow looks up towards her "Robin, you're not helping, come on." Quietly grabbing her hand and tugging the tall girl down next to her and Max, keeping her hand clutched together so that Robin doesn't have a complete panic attack.

Robin glances over at Willow curiously as she softly continues to soothe El, wiping away a stray tear as the siblings comfort her together, both sisters looking as though they have done this many times before. Jonathan reaches for a wooden spoon which Max places in between her teeth. "You're gonna want to bite down on this." To which El can do nothing but weakly nod as she tries to silence her own sobs.

Jonathan makes the first slice with the hot knife which glides over her skin, her flesh tearing as he reaches a gloved hand in to try and take out the foreign animal. Willow solely keeps her eyes on El, as she begins to frantically shake her head, causing the older girl to reach out and stop Jonathan from digging further so that she can recuperate herself.

El pushes herself up and mutters "I can do it." while positioning her hand towards the wound as she begins to scream. The glass behind them shattered as Willow pulls her sister underneath her frame expecting to feel the blow yet looking up to see Robin had done the same for her.

The creature wriggles before flying out as El continues to scream. Willow feels Robin's grasp tightens as she looks up to catch a glimpse of the wincing girl. Once Robin notices her stare she immediately drops her hand returning her attention to the slug-like monster currently slithering away from them.

Although it doesn't make it far before it is crushed underneath the boot of Hawkins chief of police, with two other people Willow doesn't recognise behind him.