Chapter 12- Vecna's Curse

Willow had woken up yet again from another Nightmare, clutching her hand over her heavily beating heart. Her nightmare blends into reality with the familiar sounds of sirens filling her with dread, transporting her back to the ambulance holding Billy's torn corpse.

Holding her sons in Willow settles her mind onto one thought, she needed to see Max. Slowly creeping around the corner to the younger girl's room, Willow lets out a cry of relief to see the teenager peacefully sleeping. A blanket of hair escaping her duvet along with the comforting slight rise and fall of her body.

"Max. Hey, I think somethings wrong." Willow gently shakes her awake as Max's eyes finally focus on her sister's panic-stricken face. Grabbing her hand the two girls go towards the source of the siren both wearing Billy's old t-shirts.

The sisters' grip only tightens on each other as they step out into the cold morning air. Their breaths momentarily stopping when they spot the once cheerful cheerleader's broken and tangled body on the floor of Eddie's trailer, their view interrupted by a policeman yelling at them to return inside.

Looking towards each other, they quickly run back towards their trailer, Willow ushering Max into the house before following after her. Once they're inside with the door slammed shut Willow starts to pace back and forth clutching her forehead as she feels another migraine form.

"I ugh... I saw them, last night, She followed him into the trailer and- and then the lights flickered." Willow looks towards the pale girl sitting on the couch numb. A foreboding acknowledgement of the awakening of an evil thought to have been gone settling upon the sisters.

——————————

Back at Family Video, Steve and Robin were discussing Willow for what felt like the hundredth time this morning. Robin had not been able to stop talking about her now that Steve knew how much of a hopeless romantic she was.

"I mean, I've finally found the girl of my dreams who miraculously actually likes girls and yet I still can't find the courage to ask her out. I'm a complete dweeb Steve, I'm going to die alone..." Her head falls onto her knees as she sits next to the counter watching Steve busily stock the shelves for the Saturday morning rush.

"She needs time Robin, she's still not herself. But I wouldn't give up hope yet, Willow did mention that she did have her eye on someone, and if she wasn't always in scoops ahoy for my amazing hair I'm sure it was because someone else had caught her fancy."

"Exactly! But who could that be? Do you think it's Cindy? She was always there?"

"What? For being extremely smart you do act very stupid when it comes to girls."

"I know I'm hopeless Steve that's why I need your help! God, I'm pathetic, all I can do is watch as she crumbles apart." She exasperates letting her hands fall to the ground in defeat.

"Robin, she was obviously there for you! You need to talk to her again, maybe that would help?"

"I'm trying! But over time I chicken out I can't help it... If only we could just combine." Robin entwines her hands together before looking off solemnly.

Steve rolls his eyes shrugging at the oblivious girl, letting her figure it out for herself while turning back around to organise the romance section. Robin goes to insert a tape, turning on the TV but instead being interrupted by the News.

"...But we can confirm that the body of a Hawkins High student was discovered early this morning. Police have not yet released the victim's name although we are told they're currently in the process of notifying the family." The woman on the TV speaks as both the teenagers look at each other in shock, recognising the trailer park behind the broadcaster as the home of Willow and Max.