Chapter 14- Dear Billy

"He was right there. I swear." Willow points towards the sink "I heard him along with that stupid ticking." She paces around the room with her hand on her forehead. "Ticking?"

"It's been there all week, bleeding into regular noises and taunting me as if it is some countdown. I'm sorry I thought it was nothing..." Willow turns towards Max sincerely.

"This is exactly what happened to Chrissy." Max unsteadily agrees running back to the office setting the document out on the table.

The others follow her, Robin not letting Willow out of her sight. " They had been having bad headaches, trouble sleeping, nightmares and then they started seeing things. Chrissy's started a week ago and Fred's, six days ago. When did yours start?" Max looks at her fear coating her as she waits for her answer.

"I've been having them for five days now." Willow shyly looks towards the ground to avoid the stares, Max turning around heavily breathing unable to look at her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" "I- I just thought it was something unimportant, It's not your job to worry about me."

"God Lo! It's not yours to suffer!" Max shouts suddenly enraged by the fact that she had been going through this on her own. The rest stare in shock at the news, Willow could potentially only have a day left to live.

Distant clanging brings their attention back to their position in the dark school, Steve grabbing a lamp as he steps in front of the group holding it protectively.

Walking down the dark hallway once more the already on edge teenagers all yell once they see Lucas round the corner.

"Its me!" He shouts panting while trying to regain his breath as if he had ran here.

"We've got a code red. Dustin, Jason and the others are after you because they think you know where Eddie is. You're in terrible danger." Lucas emphasises when Dustin doesn't reveal any reaction.

"We have bigger problems right now." Dustin glances back towards Willow, yet Lucas only briefly looks at her before turning his attention towards Max as she awkwardly looks away, Willow lightly smiling at the new development.

The gang makes it to the Wheeler's basement as Max and Willow sit tightly together with the rest of the boys as they look through the newspaper articles Nancy and Steve had collected.

"Ok, so everyone Vecna has cursed has died except for this Victor Creel guy who is the only known survivor" Dustin glances towards Willow before adding "to date." In an attempt to reassure her.

"None of this makes any sense." Robin frets anxiously looking through the papers for anything that might help. After a couple hours the group remain on the couch watching over the sisters.

"Any idea what she's writing?" Dustin glances over towards the pair as Willow scribbles down her thoughts Max sitting beside her as they whisper towards each other.

"I know you're not on perfect terms with each other right now Max but I still care for Lucas and although you might not see it right now, you do too." Willow whispers over to her as Max stops arguing.

"Fine, But Robin's better be at least ten pages long." She shrugs turning to check on the group to already find them staring over.

Later on in the night the pair of siblings stuck together scared to waste even a second apart as they counted down the seconds to what could be Willow's last day alive.

"I'm sorry for freaking out on you earlier Lo, I'm just scared." Max speaks up as the rest of the group sleeps around them, passed out on the surrounding couches as Max and Willow sit together on an armchair, tucked underneath a blanket.