Chapter 19- Papa part II

The next morning had started off hectic, something the group had become accustomed to. The sleepy teenagers had barely slept a wink, most of them for different reasons. Willow gave the tired looking Max a suspicious look as Eddie slammed down the newsletter cutting advertising a place called the 'War Zone' along with an intimidating photo of an oil soaked muscular man holding a gun, causing Robin and Willow to share a humorous glance before returning their attention down to the piece of paper.

"They've got everything we need for, uh... well, killing things." Eddie explains as the group continue to look at the picture. "Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?-" Robin remarks pointing out the deadly arrange of weapons "and how are we even going to get there?"

"Well luckily enough for us it is! I have an idea of how to get there, it's not exactly a car and it's not exactly mine... but it'll do." Eddie nods towards the others before making eye contact with Willow.

"Hargrove! You got a ski mask or a bandana or something like that?" Willow thinks for a moment her mind running blank until she looks over at Max and smiles, remembering the young girl's halloween costume, holding in a laugh.

The group make it outside slowly, watching as Eddie sneaks between trailers wearing the halloween mask as he motions for the others to quietly follow him. They run after following the crazy guy into the back window of their neighbours camper van, Robin waiting to boost Willow up before joining her.

Landing with a thud against the stiff cushions of the couch she lets out a grunt still not fully recovered from her earlier ailments, Robin coming to her aid afterwards and helping her up, joining the two idiots in the front while Willow makes sure the kids are alright and stay out of view.

"Everybody hang onto something!" Steve yells as the huge vehicle jolts accompanied by the shouts of protest from it's owner. Robin jumps back, falling into the seat next to Willow who is currently stabilising Max as she listens to her tape recorder.

The two grab hands as they turn around to look out the window as the car speeds off leaving the neighbours in a cloud of dust. "Shit, they look pissed!" Dustin remarks joining them at the window.

"It's not every day you lose your house and car in one fell swoop." Robin yells over the loud sound of the engine causing Willow to hysterically laugh at the bizarreness of the situation, Robin looking towards her with a keen, proud to have caused this reaction from the beautiful girl.

They eventually make it to a stable road after a wild ride, Willow finally slumping against the couch after making sure Max's headphones are in place along with the steady rhythm of 'Running up that Hill' before she turns her attention back to Robin who is already looking at her.

"You ok?" Willow asks sceptically, unsure as to why she is looking at her, "I'm just happy, that's all..." Robin says before glancing out the window again, not wanting to say anything afraid of changing how things were right now. Everything seemed perfect, for now...

Steve parks the huge vehicle outside the shop, leaving them time to devise a plan before they storms into the dodgy shop, Erica leading the way through the desks occupied with scary Americans. The place was packed, swarming with people occupied with finding the sharpest knife or longest ranging gun.

"So much for avoiding angry hicks..." Robin remarks turning towards Willow who only nervously smiles in return glancing back towards Max once more.

"Let's just get it over with quickly then." Willow slaps her hands together before walking over towards the empty archery section. She had taken up archery in California alongside Billy after watching 'Hawk the Slayer', yet he had found that it required too much patience and had given it up shortly afterwards leaving Willow to here own devices. She had found something comforting about it, aiming her strength at a single point and watching the arrow make its mark. It soothed her, made her feel as though she had a little control and power in her hectic life. Although now it only reminded her of Billy, she could almost hear her next to him as she raises the bow in her hands.