↻ 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴

────── ✧ ──────

( 2020 )

Aria and Mingyu sat, covered in a warm blanket out on the balcony of the seventeen dorms. usually, the seventeen members would all spend new years together, doing random activities, partying and whatnot, unless they were doing schedules of course. but this year, there was a global pandemic uprise and well, aria wasn't really in a 'moving around' state. Therefore all public events for the year such as award shows were pre-recorded, not that she would have been able to attend them anyways. and yes, they ( seventeen ) technically were together in the same building, but mingyu and aria stepped away for some alone time, just to reflect.

They sat in comfortable silence, only hearing each other's breath and feeling each other's comfort. yes mingyu could be a bit clumsy and the center of humor at times, but he was genuinely a good empathizer, and good at just being able to tone it down when needed, and this was one of those times.

"ya know . . ." aria started, staring into the night sky, mingyu doing the same but paying close attention to his wifes words.  

"these time,,,, never mind"
"no no, continue"

"well i guess, it's like i can't really.. well find the right words to use..."
"...but i like being here with you, just like this" she finished, bringing her head up to give her husband direct eye contact. Mingyu only smiled in response and stroked her hair.

"holy shit!" aria exclaimed as she had almost jumped out of her seat due to the sudden fireworks, mingyu only chuckling at her cuteness.

"my guy, you cannot be laughing that's foul"
"sorry miss" mingyu replied, bowing his head, aria giving a small giggle.

"wah, but seriously, these are really pretty" exclaimed aria, looking directly at the fireworks.

"mhm, really pretty" mingyu said, except, he was looking at her.

Mingyu pulled aria closer as they snuggled more under the blanket. They simply reflected.

They had been through so many things that year including the start of their own little family. They had been through a lot during their whole career in general, and to think they had made it this far, was something that was almost unimaginable in the past. Although no one was saying anything, you could feel the warmth of the two, and it was as if they were sharing the same thoughts.

Aria all of a sudden stood up from the bench on which they were sitting, and walked to the fence on the balcony, mingyu following after. She felt strong arms snake around her and pull her close, and she felt a sense of home, of comfort, knowing she was loved, and she was thankful for mingyu because of that.

Mingyu and aria then turned around at the sound of a bark, the bark of their cute puppy. She ran towards them and aria brought her in her arms and snuggled her in the blanket which was shielding both mingyu and aria, and now daisy. It was their own little family which was soon to welcome one more member, and that's how they liked it. Sure they absolutely loved their co-members, but they needed some alone time.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" was heard from the downstairs, with the voices of many energetic kidults celebrating together. 

"hm, well no need to check the time then" aria said.

"happy new year riri" he said, as aria turned around towards him and pulled him in by the collar for a kiss. It was truly a kdrama worthy moment, the fireworks in the background and a cute little labradoodle held in both of their arms. 

"AW YOU TWO ARE SO CUTE" 
"HANNIE WTF"

────── ✧ ──────