One

Kayla Wagner isn't sure of many things. Being locked up in a prison - aka the mental asylum - for all her life, everything outside was some sort of an adventure to her. And she got Diego Hargreeves to thank for that.

Before The Umbrella Academy's Number Two broke her out, all Kayla did was live in the shadows. Not just because her skin is blue which helps her blend into the night but because all she could see is darkness. If it wasn't for eating and exercise, Kayla would have been strapped down to a table with a blindfold over her eyes so she couldn't escape. Every patient would coward away from her because she's not like them. There were even rumors about her rampage once they separated her from her younger brother, Kurt. This is why they made sure to take special precautions.

That's why Kayla was more than grateful to Diego when he helped break her out, along with the promise to find Kurt. But their plan soon went on pause because of the apocalypse. They managed to stop it and the Commissioner but what they didn't plan on was for Kayla to time travel with them.

Kayla wasn't even sure what was going on because she was looking around the place in complete awe as the Umbrella Academy began to wonder what happened to their home.

"This isn't your home," their 'father,' Reginal Hargreeves broke the news to them.

"What are you talking about? This is the Umbrella Academy," Allison asked.

"Wrong again." Kayla soon furrowed her brows as she heard more footsteps coming toward the balcony. She turned around when five people, and a floating cube, emerged above them. All of them peering down. Her chest began beating rapidly before crowded behind Diego and gripped his arm. "This...is the Sparrow Academy."

Kayla jumped when she heard someone approach them. "Dad, who the hell are these assholes?" the person asked.

The girl felt Diego tense from her grip. She looked up to see his mouth slowly open. Kayla looked around and notice everyone from the Umbrella Academy frozen in their spots. That's when she finally took notice of the newcomer and her mouth dropped as well.

"Shit," they all spoke.

"Ben," Klaus breathed.

Luther took a step forward, not believing his eyes, and asked, "Is that really you?"

"And who are the weirdos on the balcony?!" Diego shouted as his eyes didn't leave the Sparrows.

"They are the Sparrows," the old geezer said. "My children."

Kayla's breathing hitched in her throat as the entire room started to shake. "I don't like this," she whispered to Diego.

Five furrowed his brows and asked, "I'm sorry. What do you mean, your children? That's not possible, old man."

"Of course, it is!" Reginald said. "I think I'd know, wouldn't I?" His eyes landed on Kayla. "All though, I don't recall her amongst you." He looked at the girl in wonder, taking note of her blue skin, a tail that was wrapped around her waist, and yellow cat-like eyes. "Perhaps I missed buying another child."

Diego pushed Kayla back, which got Ben to raise his brow at them as he looked the girl over.

"Everybody else can see Ben, right?" Klaus wondered, trying to get their attention away from the girl.

"Cute hat, Sundance," Ben said sarcastically.

Reginald looked at the Sparrows. "They call themselves the Umbrella Academy, a group of scheming, perfidious malcontents who accost me in the fall of 1963 when I was away on business in Dallas. Be warned, they claim to be my spawn."

Kayla looked at Allison and asked out loud, "Miss Allison, I thought it was Sir Hargreeves who named you the Umbrella Academy?"

"He did," she answered as she glared at the Sparrows. She turned her glare to Reginald. "And Claim?" Her attention went toward Five. "Look, Five, what the hell is going on?"