Ten

Electric whirling echoed in Kayla's mind. Her gaze was more focused on the ground than on the Hargreeves family and Harlan. The electric crackle grew louder and louder in her head. Kayla shut her eyes tightly as she grabbed her head and took deep breaths.

I'm not there. I'm not there, she chanted in her head but it seemed like the more she tried to deny it the more the noise grew.

Klaus strolled his way inside the hotel with a big grin, but it faltered when he realized the state everyone was in...not to mention the dead bodies of Jayme and Alphonso.

"Oh, man," he breathed. "Heavens to Betsy. What did you do?" He pointed an accusing finger at Viktor while his other hand went to his chest. "Did Viktor go full Carrie again?"

"We didn't do this," Allison said as her eyes snapped toward Harlan.

"Harlan?" Viktor called out as he noticed Harlan getting antsy.

"Don't!" he shouted as he shut his eyes. "Don't come near me, please."

"I just want to make sure that you're ok." Klaus tilted his head to the side when he noticed Kayla was in the same state Harlan was in and slowly strolled over to her. "You can talk now. It's -"

Harlan cut Viktor off. "I can do a lot of things now."

Kneeling to his knees, Klaus reached over and grabbed Kayla's shoulder. "Are you ok, little blueberry?"

Diego turned when he heard Klaus call Kayla. Eyes widened as he saw the girl shake under Klaus's touch. Diego rushed over, pretty much pushed Klaus out of the way, and held on to the girl's wrist. "Hey, hey, hey."

Kayla shook her head as she muttered, "Make it stop. Make it stop."

"Make what stop?" Diego wondered. He couldn't help her if he doesn't know what was going on.

"Buzzing. Too much buzzing."

"The buzzing?" Diego began to think. He and his siblings don't hear any kind of buzzing noise besides what Christopher did to them. Diego hasn't seen Kalya like this since they electrocuted her, which made him realize what she was talking about. He remembered the short circuit in his room one time and Lila, before her cover was blown, told him that they always electrocuted Kayla every other week. "Oh, shit."

"What's wrong with her?" Klaus asked before looking at Harlan. "And who the hell is creepy grandpa?"

Diego pulled Kalya close to him and cradled her head against his chest. "They really fucked her up," he answered. "Kayla, you're not there." He patted her back a few times. "Come on, listen to my heartbeat. Remember the last time this happened? Ignore the buzzing and listen to my heart." The girl moved her head until her ear was pressed against Diego's chest. Taking deep breaths, Kayla counted each heartbeat until she was slowly calmed.

"If this wasn't serious I would say this is adorable," Klaus commented. "Not sure how Benny Boo would take this."

"Shut up," Diego snapped. "It's his fault she's like this."

Klaus let out an exaggerated gasp. "No."

Noticing Kayla was calm, Diego pulled away and gave her a worried look. "You ok?"

"Yes, thank you," Kayla gratefully said. She furrowed her brows as she looked at Harlan. "Isn't that Mr. Harlan, the boy Mr. Viktor saved?"

Klaus's mouth dropped at the news as he and Allison said, "Oh, yeah. Shit." and "Oh, shit! You're right!"

"But didn't he get rid of all the kid's mojo when he did all that?" Klaus wondered as he shook his body. Then he realized that it looked like he was having a seizure and pushed Diego away before hugging Kayla. "Oh, shit, I'm sorry, my little blueberry."