Eleven

Heartbroken.

Kayla is completely heartbroken. Her chest felt like it was crumbling into a million pieces as her throat swelled up. No matter how many times the people back at the hospital hurt her or made her cry, she never felt more heartbroken than the day Kurt was taken from her. And she never thought she would feel like this again until she met Ben.

At first, Kayla never really understood why she felt a certain way about him. Even when he was cruel to her, she always found herself smiling. Their time together is something she cherished even if it was for a short while. Yet, when the Sparrows went to Hotel Obsidian and he gave the order to kill them made Kayla realize that she was a complete idiot for even thinking about liking Ben.

All Kayla wanted to do was poof away and leave everyone behind. Everything that's happening is between the Sparrows and the Umbrellas. As much as she wants to believe Luther, Diego, and Viktor will keep their promise and help find Kurt, Kayla realized that it might be best if she leaves and find him on her own. That was her goal from the beginning and she blames herself for getting sidetracked.

If anything, the Umbrellas deserve a goodbye. And that was her plan to say goodbye and leave.

"We use Sloane as an olive branch," she heard Luther say in the pool room once she arrived back at the hotel. "We let her go as a gesture of peace, along with the bodies of Jayme and Alphonso."

She heard someone whistle and turned to see Diego motioning his head for her to come. Giving a weak nod, she walked over. Diego made room for her to sit next to him but, to his surprise, she moved over to Viktor and stood next to him - yet, still adding a big gap between her and everyone.

"Once I'm back with my family, I can convince them the old guy had nothing to do with you and get them to stand down," Sloane finished.

"You wanna let her go after attacking us?" Diego asked ridiculously. Viktor glanced at Kayla to see if she was alright but noticed that she wasn't looking at anyone, the floor looking more interesting to her. "Nuh-uh."

"Me? I lost two of my siblings to you and your murder troll."

Luther held his hands up in defense as he reminded her, "Again, Harlan not with us."

"Well, he's not not with us," Diego pointed out.

"He was just trying to protect me," Viktor argued in Harlan's case.

"This only works if I can convince my family he isn't a part of your team, so is he with you or not?" Sloane asked.

"Harlan saved our asses. He can stay here as long as he wants," Diego said. He turned his attention to Luther. "You know what, Luther? He can take your bed. Since you're sleeping with the enemy."

Luther took a threatening step forward. "Watch it."

Viktor got up and stood between the two before a fight could break out. "Guys, come on. Having an ally on the inside could help us right now."

Luther motioned to Viktor. "Right?"

"Yeah, but how do we know we can trust Gravity Barbie?" Allison questioned.

"I trust her," Luther breathed. "Kayla trusts her."

Diego scoffed and said, "Yeah, you trusted emails from a Nigerian prince."

"Tunde was not a prince, he was a king, and he was unjustly deposed."

Viktor looked at the girl. "Kayla?" he called out. "What do you think?"

Kayla glanced up to see everyone's attention was on her now. She shook her head as she removed herself away from the pool table and began making her way out. "Do what you want. I don't care."