Nine

After the great promise, Kayla ran back to the ice cream truck to grab two more cones for her and Viktor in celebration. Viktor sighed before handing the ice cream guy cash to pay for them but didn't tell the girl that they weren't for free. The two walked back to Hotel Obsideon where they were greeted by Luther and Diego.

 "Hey, what's up?" Viktor asked before licking his ice cream.

"Luthor wants to throw you a big, stupid party so you feel loved," Diego, who was holding a box full of Molotov cocktails, informed them. Luther gave Diego a look before letting out a nervous chuckle.

"Oh."

"Do you feel loved?"

Viktor smiled. "Yeah, I...I do."

"Good. You are."

"What's a party?" Kayla asked happily as she licked her ice cream.

Luther held his hands up toward the mutant while looking at Diego. "How could we not have a party after that?!" he exclaimed. "We could celebrate her freedom from the asylum."

"Because she wouldn't wanna celebrate without Kurt," Diego pointed out before putting his attention toward Kayla. "Do you?"

"Still don't know what a party is but if I can involve Kurt then yes. I wouldn't want to do it without him here," she answered.

Diego motioned to the ice creams. "Why do you guys have ice cream? I didn't even know you had ice cream."

"I didn't but Miss Allison told me to get lost so I went to the park."

Diego's eyes widened. "She, what?" he almost shouted in rage.

"That's when I found this ice cream cart and tried it. It hurt my teeth for a bit until Mr. Viktor told me I wasn't supposed to bite it." She motioned to the Molotov cocktails. "What's that?"

"It's a Molotov cocktail. It blows stuff up. Now, can we all get back to saving the world before I go find Allison and have a little chat with her?"

Diego left after that. Kayla furrowed her brows as she watched him leave pissed off. "Is Diego ok?" she asked Luthor. "I haven't seen him like that since they took his pudding cup."

"Yeah, he's fine," Luther said. "He's just upset that Allison told you to leave. Good thing Viktor found you, right?"

"Right." 

Luther looked at Viktor to say something but the two just stood there in awkward silence. Luther just found out about Vanya becoming Viktor and wasn't sure how to talk about it. He doesn't have a problem with it at all, he's ok with it, but he wasn't sure if it was going to be weird talking about it.

"I, uh..." he began. Viktor just looked at him with a little nod for him to continue. "I really like the hair."

The compliment got a smile from Viktor.

Kayla nodded in agreement. "I agree. You look handsome, Mr. Viktor."

"Is that a number ten? Yeah, that's a good choice. Really...frames your face."

"Thanks," Viktor said.

Luther looked at Kayla again. "Oooh, Kayla, I forgot, I'm making a mixtape and I would really like a second opinion."

"What's a mixtape?" she asked.

"It's a mix of songs in one tape," Viktor explained.

Luther leaned close to her ear before whispering, "It's for Sloane. I really want your honest opinion about it before I give it to her."