A Magical Day

Marcus woke up from the couch. He looked at his watch and saw 4am. In the bathroom mirror he glared at himself in the mirror. He points to his reflection, “you, sir, need more sleep.” He chuckled to himself. He brushed his teeth and cleaned up a bit. He reflection isn’t what everyone else sees during the day.

Messy hair, sleepless eyes, weak smile, there was also a little scar around his left ear. His hands glow a bright blue, healing magic, and he rubbed his face and arms. The color returned to his face and the dark circles under his eyes vanished. His happyish smile that everyone loved returned. “There you are, you handsome devil.” He turned and saw Eda leaning on the doorway with her arms crossed.

“So, you do this every morning?” He jumped back a bit. “Why are you up? It 4 in the morning.” He puts on a white hoodie. “I always wake up a 4. It’s great to get in a workout before life throws you problems.” He walks out. Not explaining himself. Eda was too tired to do anything about it. He was an adult. He just keeps secrets. Who doesn’t?

He comes back in. “Do you wanna see my magic?” Eda was now wide awake. A human doing magic was impossible. “Sure.”

Outside the house, his left palm glowed blue and his right glowed red. Ice and fire shot out of his hands for five minutes. “I could do more but… eh. Don’t feel like it. Goodnight, Eda.” He walks to town.

Eda lays in her nest, wondering how the hell a human can do magic.

-_-_+_+_-_-

Marcus got a little worried. Luz found a glyph. The basic light spell. There are four and only four.

He sits on a hill overlooking the town watching the sunrise. “Hey, I, uh, need… THAT book.” He says to his shadow. It hesitantly nods and spits out a old book with a leather cover. The cover was embroidered with glyphs. All four were laced into a pattern that covered the front and back cover. There was one word on the cover. Legacy. He turned the first page.

To my descendants who share the Morningstar name. This is a chronicle for and of your ancestry.

-         Merlin

Each chapter was a different member of the family tree. The title of each chapter was their name written in their own blood mixed with ink.

Merlin, Adrien, Sir Christopher (he was the only knight in the family), Katrina (she was one of two matriarchs) to name a few. There were more but he stopped himself. Next was Jeremiah. His father.

He closed the book quickly and threw tossed it at his shadow, who happily swallowed it. The shadow wrapped it’s arm around Marcus to comfort him. “Thanks.” He took a deep breath and said,”hoo, almost cried there for a second. Hey at least we know that grandpa Joe was right. Just look at this place.”

He walked down the mountain and officially started the day.

!)

Marcus awoke from his nap when king knocked his feet off the table. He fell out of the chair he was in. King started to read Luz’s Azura book. Luz threw… him…into…the portal… huh.

“So, what’s goings on?”

Willow spoke up, “ The covention were everyone can see all the covens they can go before they choose one.”

“Cool. I’ll meet you guys there.” He starts walking away.

Luz yells, “Don’t you need Eda’s permission?”

All Marcus yells back, not stopping, is, “Adulting!”

!?) Timeskip brought to you by the shadow playing with king’s tail while he sleeps