Moonlighting

Six years ago new york.

Twelve year old Marcus was walking through times square. A man magically appeared. Half black and white mask and suit. He held out his hands and yelled, "please excuse me while I FUCK with your reality!" The ground shook for thirty seconds. He said "what is sleeping has now been awakened." And he disappeared. And earth shattering screech was heard.

He woke up out of breath. "No!" He whispered. He turned to see Eda playing cards with owlbert. He watched the scene unfold. Eda ran after owlbert until they were outside. Once everyone was outside, he pulled out a box labeled "memories" from his shadow. It Full of pictures of him when he was younger. Family picnic, that time they went to the beach. There was one that made him laugh, their faces were covered in ice cream. It wasn't just pictures, though. He pulled out a dark blue crystal wrapped in string. This octagonal prism was supposedly in the family for six hundred years.

He put on the old necklace and went into the shadows to catch up with them.

"ancient lunar magic in the human realm is tied to curses, fortune telling, and sometime the conjuring of the undead." Marcus interrupted willows explanation of the moonlight conjuring. This scared everyone. He wasn't wearing a hoodie. He was wearing long pants and a black shirt with the heartless symbol on it.

A girl named Skara walked up to him. "I thought humans couldn't do magic."

"No, humans couldn't do magic naturally. With the proper tools, and knowledge. They could."

Luz asked him, "how much do you know about magic anyways?' "Enough to get accepted to Harvard."

He just walked away. Leaving a shocked Luz staring at him as he disappeared.

*_*

Amelia entered LOST & FOUND with a smirk. She is taking the lead on their first date. Which she deemed to be tonight. She turned to see Marcus deep in a book. He wasn't smiling at all. It was an ever so slight frown as he stared daggers into the page.

She looked over his shoulder and saw a black crystalline Scorpion and a white crystalline wasp. She couldn't read the words. They were in some ancient language. She turned to see him smiling again. At her.

"Hey muffin. Like what you see?"

"uh, I, um... yeah. What is it?" "Wow. I didn't think you'd be this interested in my family's history."

She punched him in the shoulder. "Of course I am. " She was getting angry at him for being evasive and a tease. "I have decided that our date will be today. Now tell me the story." She huffed.

He turned a few pages back in the book. "Captain Amadeus Morningstar was a pirate sailing the sea. He hunted people as well as treasure." He turned the page to reveal a man in a blue long coat. His sword was raised. The hilt had a dark blue crystal embedded in the hilt. The same one hanging from Marcus' neck.

"He was a mercenary that worked for the crown of a small country. One day he was hired by the king and queen to retrieve one of their daughters that was kidnapped. He accepted the pay in advance, using the excuse of repairs and supplies for his ship, and never returned. That was his last entry.

She became increasingly interested. "What happened to him?"

"Well, Ezra, his daughter, explains that the princess ran away from home. She wasn't kidnapped like her parents said. He fled with her and they got married. Ezra, the firstborn, took over the family business. Her little brother, Judas, became a merchant. And the youngest, Serena, became a scholar, and taught people many things."

He closed the book, gave her a kiss on the cheek, and then got up to stretch. She was a blushing mess for two seconds. She steeled herself and said, "Come pick me up at Blight manor tonight at seven. Don't be late." And she walked out of the store.