Pt. 18

"Harry." I said.

"Lilly." He responded looking up from his desk.

"Could you drop off at the betting shop, please." I smiled.

"Now?" He questioned.

"If you wouldn't mind."

"Of course not." He said standing up and collecting his keys from the desk.

Once we were in the car I had the realisation that everyone would be there as it's Thursday night (family meeting night) and I had rather fresh and obvious marks down my neck.

"Shit." I whispered under my breathe loud enough that Harry heard.

"What's wrong?" He questioned his tone full of concern.

"We'll it's Thursday," I explained. "Which means everyone will be there."

"And that's a problem because?" I gestured towards my neck, it all clicking "oh right, that may be a slight problem."

"Yeahh." I thought about it hoping maybe I could some how avoid everyone. "Maybe if I go in round the back."

"You can try."

As we arrived my nerves were high and really wasn't wearing the right kind of top it was a low-ish cut that showed more than enough of my neck. Harry stopped. "You ready to go in?"

I nodded and said goodbye waving as I walked in through the back door.

As I walked in I saw Polly sat on a chair by the fire, smoking and Arthur sat at the main desk with his feet on the desk half asleep. I closed the door behind me forgetting how loud the noise was. 'Fuck' I thought.

"Lil," Arthur got out his seat and ran over to me picking me "I haven't seen you in ages, where've you been?" He smiled.

"I know Arthur I've missed you too, I've just been a little preoccupied." I glanced over at Polly to see her smirking as she watched us.

"I can see that fucking hell, looks like someone punched you." He said moving his hand down my neck. 'Couldn't have taken a little longer to find them'

"Yeah well err-" I began before being interrupted by a high pitch voice from the kitchen. Ada followed by Tommy and John 'perfect just perfect' I thought.

"Lilly I thought I could here you, fuck me I see what Arthur was on about that looks painful." I could see Polly clear as day from where I was stood she had a huge grin and was looking over at me while I shook my head lightly.

"What are you smiling at aunt Pol?" Tommy asked knowing full well why she was smiling.

"Me? Oh nothing, nothing at all." She replied putting out her cigarette and keeping eye contact with me.

"I'm guessing you know who these are from then aunt Pol?" Ada piped up still running her hand over neck.

Polly smiled innocently. "I have a little inclin."

"As do I." Said Tommy looking between me and Polly.

"Go on then who was it?" John asked curiosity.

"No, I'm good." I said quickly moving soo could sit down.

"Oh come on you can't tell Polly and Tommy before me and then refuse to tell me all together." Ada huffed.

"Maybe she tells us because we can keep a secret unlike some." Polly chuckled as Ada gave her a look of shut up.

"How rude." Ada muttered.

"She's not wrong Ada." Arthur added.

"Oh be quiet, now go on who was it's?" Ada wasn't giving up. I looked to Polly for help who just shrugged with a smirk leaving me to sort it out myself and the I looked to Tommy who had a smug smile as he sipped at his whiskey.

"Put it this way it's someone you know, quite well in fact."I responded then going over to Polly taking her cigarette out of her mouth taking a drag before placing it back in her mouth sending the cloud of smoke upwards.