Payback taekook

GOLD DIGGER !!!!!!

Tae  knows that his husband has never been good with money, but he didn't think that the man would be stupid. Before they got married, Taehyung had spent most of his life supporting the man with what little income he had. His boyfriend at the time, instead of trying to find a decent job, gambled his allowance away. Taehyung began limiting his offerings, but it didn't help that he had a soft spot for the man. He had grown up with Hyunwoo, neighbors since birth. He couldn't leave the man to fend for himself, not when he loved him.

When Hyunwoo proposed, Taehyung had hesitated; he didn't want to live a life bogged down by a man who couldn't support himself nor the household. So Hyunwoo promised to turn it all around and he did. Taehyung hadn't known the details of his job then, didn't bother asking. All he knew was that Hyunwoo finally had stability in his life.

It was foolish, but so was love.

However, things began to change in their third year together. Hyunwoo resorted back to his old coping mechanisms: gambling and drinking. The income he makes is spent on chips in underground casinos and shitty cocktails that ruin his liver. He stumbles home with liquor lingering in his breath and empty pockets.

Taehyung hadn't thought much of it then, turned a blind eye to salvage his marriage. He kept the house running, went to his day job, and took care of Hyunwoo at night. Still, comfort doesn't last for long.

One night, Taehyung has gotten himself settled in after a long work day. He's in front of the television and waiting for Hyunwoo to come home. Mindless routine. Thump, thump, thump. He jumps when the front door nearly rattles off its hinges with the force of the slams. His heart quivers as he approaches the door, looking through the peephole to find three men in black standing there.

"W-who is it?" Taehyung curses himself for betraying his fear.

"Hyunwoo's friends. Where is he?"

Friends don't do this. He knows that. This can only mean one thing — Hyunwoo's gotten himself involved with the wrong people. Judging by the looks of them, they're probably part of some group but they're a little more polished than your usual street gang. He needs to tread carefully here.

"He's not home yet."

Incoherent mumbling echoes from the other side. Then the same voice speaks up, the middle of the three, "And who are you?"

Taehyung licks his lips. "The better question is who are you? I can leave a message for him."

"It's a bit urgent, doll. You sound sweet, why don't you open up the door and let us in? We'll wait inside."

His heart rattles against his ribs. This isn't good. Hyunwoo's not due back for another few hours and, if these people are at his door, chances are he might not come home at all tonight. The last thing he wants is to let these strangers in in the dead of night, but he also risks a ruckus that his neighbors might complain to his landlord about. Evaluating all his options, Taehyung figures that his best bet is really to just let these men in, smile and play nice until he knows what's going on with Hyunwoo.

With a deep breath, he unchains the door and swings it open. He's dressed down to his pajamas: a pair of t-shirt and sweats, the definition of comfort. The men eye him up and down, the leader of the pack — a man with unruly bleached hair and a devious smirk to match — grins. "Good choice, honey. You're a smart one."

Taehyung steps to the side as they make their way in, being oddly decent enough to even take off their shoes at the front door. Perhaps, the only thing decent about them. They reek of cigarettes, something Taehyung has never allowed Hyunwoo to smoke inside the house. The three make themselves comfortable in the living room, now watching whatever was playing on the television. By the looks of them, their bravado, they don't head whatever organization they take part in. These are the dirty hands, the ones breaking necks for their leader.