2

Ingrid shook Mabel's shoulder gently, just enough to wake her up. "Are we here?" Mabel asked with a smile as she woke up, stretching her arms out in the process. Ingrid knew it was a rhetorical question but she nodded anyway. She smiled to herself, happy that Mabel had come with her. "Alright, get your butt up." Ingrid said, pushing Mabel a bit more forcefully this time as she climbed over to get her carryon from the overhead. Mabel complied, standing up and following Ingrid out into the aisle.

She looked at all the people walking off the plane, giddy with excitement. After grabbing their smaller luggage, they headed towards baggage claim to retrieve the rest of their belongings. "Is Jared picking us up?" Mabel asked, unsure of where exactly they were headed from here. Ingrid had given her the run down of their first day: eat, drink, sleep, repeat. She hadn't given her the specifics though and Mabel hadn't cared to ask until now. "No. He's in a meeting right now but we're meeting him for dinner after he finishes up." Ingrid responded, pushing her sunglasses down onto her face.

Mabel wondered what it was like to have a husband that was so career driven. Steven worked a lot but he was more of a hometown kind of guy. She never had to worry about him going far. Jared was important in the industry he worked in, and being in a business that worked internationally, he was gone a lot. Ingrid never mentioned it bothering her, and it didn't seem to, but still Mabel wondered.

After they grabbed their bags, they walked out to the front of the airport to grab a taxi to get to their hotel. They were staying at the same one in the town, but Mabel had gotten her own room so Ingrid could have her privacy of course. Mabel took a breath in, looking around her as they began to load their belongings into the car. She was in disbelief she was actually here. It seemed like a dream come true and they hadn't even really seen anything yet.

As they drove into town towards their hotel, Mabel's eyes stayed glued out the window as she took in the scenery. It was nothing like she'd ever seen before. It was absolutely beautiful. She was grateful she had plenty of time here to explore. She was hoping she'd be able to see more of Greece outside of Mykonos as well but she wasn't really sure what the agenda was after today. She was honestly just happy to actually be here.

The driver pulled in front of the villa, helping them with their bags as they thanked him for the ride. "It's beautiful." Ingrid said, looking towards the place they would be calling home for the next few weeks. Mabel smiled in agreement. As they walked inside, they were greeted and directed to their rooms. "Quick nap?" Ingrid asked, and Mabel nodded in agreement. She wasn't really tired but she did want some time to get comfortable. "Alright, I'm going to head towards my room and I'll come by yours when it's time to get going." Ingrid said as they went their separate ways.

When Mabel go to her room, she was both astonished by the beauty and surprised by how homey it felt. It wasn't like other hotels with the standard and uniformed appearance that was she was used to but she preferred the character this room had. She set her bags down, peeking into the bathroom and closet before heading out to the balcony. It was the perfect view in front of her. She was facing towards the lively town, seeing families and friends enjoy themselves at the strip of shops. In the distance, she could see the bright blue water that surrounded the town and couldn't wait to sink her feet into the sand.

She stepped back into her room, throwing herself onto the bed for moment and sinking into the plush comforter. She smiled to herself, thinking about the amazing sleep she was going to get during her time here. She sat back up, ready to accomplish her mission of getting settled. She knew if she laid there any longer she was bound to fall asleep and wasn't sure if she would be able to get back up in time for dinner. She began to unpack a few of her belongings, putting them into their respective places in the bathroom and closet.