7

I fall into my book again,  while they play their game only to have my attention drawn when they all start shouting.
Slowly my attention is drawn to the game. It looks like their at the end.
"GIVE ME A D20!" Dustin shouts shaking the dice in his hands. I watch as he tosses them and they roll across the table.
Thump. Thump. Thump.
It's an 11.
"THATS A MISSSSS." I watch as Eddie shakes his head.
I look at my watch. 10:30.
It's getting so late, im sleepy and I had no clue these campaigns went on that long.
I believe Erica is the only person left alive in the game. I watch as she scoops the dice up. She shakes them gently in her hand and rolls the dice herself.

This time the dice land on a 20.
"Crit hit!" someone shouts. Eddie looks around in shock. He takes a dramatic pause. "that's why we play ladies and gentlemen" he says with a grin.

Cheers erupted from the table and I couldn't help but be happy for them.
It honestly looked like a fun game, but I don't know if I'd ever want to play.
Shortly after everyone left, I grab up my things and my flashlight.

I walk outside just in time to catch Eddie sitting on the railing outside smoking what looked like a cigarette. He looked so peaceful, usually he's very eccentric and loud.

"Hey.." I walked up behind him. He only half turns to face me.
"Hey." He takes a long drag.
"That was a good game tonight." I said leaning my arms on the railing he was sitting on.
"yeah it was." he said letting out a light chuckle.
"So, did you wanna be my partner for that assignment for O'Donnell?"
He knocks the ashes off with his finger.
"We'll see." I said offering him a smile.
He looks down at me and smiles.

"You wanna hit?" He says offering me the cigarette
"What is it?" I said inspecting it.
"You're kidding.." he said laughing and taking another drag off of it.
"It's a cigarette." He said proudly.
it reminded me of the first time Billy offered me a hit of his cigarette.
"maybe next time." I said grabbing my things.
"Hey, it's all good darling. I'll see you tomorrow." He said hopping down off the railing and escorting me down the steps.
"Okay Eddie, goodnight." I turned and started for my house.

Finally, I got home. I put my house keys on the hook and kicked off my shoes. I walk into the living room to see my dad asleep in the chair with several beer bottles knocked over around his feet. He still had his work clothes on and a newspaper in his lap. I felt the tv and it was still warm. Max must've turned it off when she got home. I could hear the radio playing low in her room, it was talking about the basketball game. She quickly turned it off. She walks over to the door and opens it to make eye contact with me.
"Hey max." I said acting as if I wasn't standing outside her room.
"Hey.." we stood there for a second.
"Im gonna go feed the dog." She says and pushes her way past me.
"O-okay." I said watching her make her way down the hall.

I hear the fridge open and then the front door.
I go into my bedroom and set my book down on my dresser.
I put my glasses on my bedside table and sighed.
I quickly took down the pony tail that Chrissy had put up for me and ,assayed,y scalp. those ponytails are no joke.
I put on an oversized shirt and quickly ducked into the bathroom to get my makeup off. I'm rinsing my face when I hear the sound of loud rock music coming from outside. I'm drying my face when max comes back in the house.
"Hey what's your friend doing across the street?" She says knocking on the bathroom door.
"Um, which friend?" I say as I open the door.
"Chrissy." She said worried.
"Which trailer is she at?" I said still only giving her half of my attention.
"Eddie's." She said shifting her weight back and forth.
"Eddie? Eddie Munson? There's no way he lives across from us.." I tell max as I put on my lotion.
"Y/n you need to pay more attention to your surroundings." She rolls her eyes and leaves to go into her room.
"Okay max." I say as I walk into my room.
"Goodnight!" I tell her in a sing songy voice.

I sit down in my bed and turn my lamp off, I think about the campaign and Eddie while I drift to sleep.

I wake up right at dawn, the dew was still on the window and I could hear crickets outside still. I sit up and stretch. I pull myself out of the bed and put my feet in the house slippers my mom had bought me for Christmas.
I start making my way to the bathroom when I notice max standing in the kitchen. She's up early. I go into the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror.
I look like a zombie.

I stayed up way too late last night. I sighed and pulled my hair back into a messy bun to get it out of my face. I started to brush my teeth when I heard a whole squad of police sirens head through our neighborhood. I walk it with my toothbrush still in my mouth.

"Whats happening?" I ask max and my dad are already on the porch.
"Looks like that Munson boys up to no good again." He says grabbing our shoulders. Why would so many cops be at his place?
I start to wonder if he got caught selling stuff. The police get out of their cars and start talking to his uncle.

Max slowly makes her way off the porch and towards Eddie's trailer. One of the police officers roughly grabs her on the shoulder.
"Hey, you can't be out here. Get back inside." Max looks back at his trailer.
"back inside." The police officer insists. Max turns back to us and runs towards the house. "What was it?" i shake her trying to be nosey. "Max?" I say shaking her again. "It was Chrissy, y/n." And with that sentence I felt my heart hit the pit of my stomach, the same way it did when I heard about Billy.