8

I stumble back into my house and make my way to my room.
I feel numb. There's no way, Chrissy can't be gone too.
I don't believe it, I refuse to believe it.
I grabbed my things and ran out the door without saying another word to max or my dad. My heart was racing and my head was pounding. There's no way she's gone. I felt my body hit the ground. I don't know where I was, I just started to cry. I had been friends with her since the day I moved to Hawkins.

I don't want to have to have another funeral for somebody I love. I can't believe she's gone. No more getting milkshakes. No more talking about boys. My best friend. She's gone. This can't be real, this has to be a dream. Chrissy can't be dead. It felt like my heart was gonna come out of my chest. I was sobbing, grasping at my chest. I couldn't breathe.

-THE NEXT DAY-

"You know, Eddie is the leading suspect for Chrissy's case." Steve said nonchalantly as if it was just an everyday thing for people to just die.
"Yep.." I said as I put the movies on the shelf, ignoring his complete obliviousness to other peoples feelings.
"Ever since the report was made Eddie has been missing. They think he's on the run. He probably murdered that poor girl." Steve said talking to robin.
"that was my best friend Steve..." I took a breath trying to collect myself.
"And I don't know what happened to her but I know Eddie wasn't the one who killed her." I said as I continued to put the movies on the shelf.

They were silent behind me. I turn around to be met with stares from the both of them. I walk my box up to the counter and set it down with force.
"what?" I asked them aggressively.
"well, are you okay y/n?" Robin says.

"I'm peachy robin." I say snatching a quarter from the "take a penny" cup.
"Well that's good. You know I figured you might be more upset since all of this has happened-" I cut her off before she could keep rambling.
"Sarcasm, robin." I walk over to the gum machine and stick the quarter in.
I twist the little knob and we all watch as the ball spins down the spiral and into the slot. "I'm doing okay for somebody who just lost their best friend." I said trying to get rid of the attitude I had. I popped the gum in my mouth.
I'm met with blank stares again.

"Hey I think I'm just gonna go home. We aren't getting enough customers for all of us to be here anyways." I grabbed my things.
"Is that okay with y'all?" I said grabbing the book I had left on the counter.
"Um yeah.. sure." Steve says shrugging.
"Whatever will help you feel better y/n." She says as she offers a smile.
"Okay awesome. I will see y'all later." I grabbed my keys and left the store.

I went to the diner that me and Chrissy had milkshakes at just a week prior. It was our favorite in Hawkins. She would always get a cherry shake and I would get banana.

"One cherry shake please" I tell the sweet lady at the counter.
"Aren't you the one that always gets the banana shake?" She says as she turns around to scoop the ice cream.
"Not today I'm not." I said lowering my gaze.
She hands me the milkshake a few minutes later and I take a sip.
In a weird way, it comforted me. It made me feel like Chrissy was with me.

I sit there for a few minutes just daydreaming when I feel a harsh tap on my shoulder. I turn around to be met with cold eyes.

"Hey Jason." I rolled my eyes. He was the last person I wanted to see right now.
"Hey y/n, I'm sure you've heard about Chrissy." He takes a seat next to me.
"Yep I have." I take a big sip of my milkshake.
"Well I heard that you were with Eddie the night before the freak murdered her and we need to talk about it." I feel a hand on my shoulder.
"Why don't we go outside?" He leans over to whisper in my ear.
"Go to hell." I sneer. His goons rip me up from my seat and take me out of the building by my arm. They quickly take me around the building and one of them stays to make sure that nobody follows. They slam my body up against the wall knocking my bag to the ground.