12

The car spun into the driveway and i immediately threw it in park.
The door to the basement swings open and Steve makes his way over to the car with an angered expression on his face.
"I told y'all to keep in touch with me.." he says angrily to the three of us.
before Steve can go on his rant, Nancy and Robin quickly grab their things and get out of the car.
"No time for chitchat Steve.." Robin says running past him, nancy following right behind her. He turns back to me with a stern look on his face.

"the walkie died." I said trying to ease the conversation between the two of us.
"THE WALKIE DIED?... y/n some crazy shit went down and I couldn't reach y'all." He slams his hands on the roof of the car above me causing me to jolt. he looks down at me through the open window and sighs.

"Listen, we really needed y'all." He shakes his head.
"I-I'm sorry Steve. I didn't mean to make it die." I look down kind of embarrassed that he's decided to reprimand me over this.
"What were you even doing?" Steve scoffs. "I know you weren't just flipping through channels for fun, right?"

"Um, Eddie called looking for Nancy," I told Steve honestly. "And I told him Nancy wasn't here and then it died on me."
He looks down at me and I can tell he knows that's not the full truth.
"Whatever y/n.. my point is, you need to make sure we can reach you." He looks down at me, disappointed.
"I will Steve, I'm sorry."  I turn the other way and catch a glimpse of the walkie, it immediately reminds me of the conversation I had with Eddie.
"I just remembered, Eddie mentioned that he was hungry." I tap my fingers on the wheel. "if you want, I can go to the store and grab him something to eat."
Steve puts his hands on his hips.

"do you have batteries?" he says looking down at me.
"um...I don't- " before I can answer he extends his hand out to me and hands me several of them.
"This time, stay in touch." he shoots a taunting smile my way and heads back towards the basement.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

I walk through the doors of the supermarket and I'm quickly greeted by the smell of fresh produce and cleaning supplies. I look at the little list I made and huff. I don't really know what Eddie likes but I tried my best to come up with some things. I grabbed him some Yoo-hoos and some microwaveable meals. I quickly walk to the front and set the few things I grabbed on the register.
Thankfully, the grocery store only took a minute, I quickly get back in the car and pull out of the parking lot, now heading to the boathouse.

The drive is short as well. The distance between the store and reefer ricks is less than 10 minutes away. I turn on the radio and flip it through the channels trying to find something good to listen to on the ride. The car is filled with a soft tune so familiar.
"When you press me to your heart
I'm in a world apart
A world where roses bloom"
This was our mothers favorite song. She used to sing it to us as kids.
I could see her sitting at the end of my bed, singing it to me like a lullaby while Billy curled up next to me to listen too.

I began to feel tears running down my face.
I miss Billy.... Why is everyone acting like this is okay? The only people in my life that I care about have all been taken from me.
I could envision what max had told me happened to Billy. I can't believe she was telling the truth. I should've known he didn't die in a car accident. even though it wasn't a good thing, Billy would get behind the wheel drunk and drive better than most people I know.
Not only did I lose him, but I lost Chrissy too. I wondered what they would say happened to her. Would they just let people believe she was murdered?

With all the thoughts running through my head, I didn't realize I was almost to the boathouse. I turned onto the road and pulled into the gravel drive.
I let out a sigh and put the car into park. I tried to organize myself a little before I got out of the car. I wiped my face and sniffled, trying to better my disheveled appearance.

I grab the bags of food and quickly step out onto the gravel, the pieces crunching beneath my shoes. I close the door and I start making my way over to the door. While I'm walking I hear a chorus of thuds and then silence..

I walk up to the door and open it quietly.
"Eddie.." I whisper into the dark room.
I slowly step through the door, the floorboard making a loud creak below me. Before I could fully get myself into the building, I'm shoved against the wall and the bags I had been holding went flying from my hands.

I look up and I am face to face with a wide-eyed Eddie, holding a knife to my neck with one hand and pinning me against the wall with the other.
I watch as his gaze lowers and I can hear his heart beating. Before either one of us can speak, his knife clatters to the floor. I look up at him in shock.

"I'm so sorry y/n." He quickly removes his arm from my shoulder.
I couldn't speak or respond.. after the incident in the car and now this, I couldn't process anymore. It felt like my chest was going to collapse. I began to choke up.

"Y/n.. are you okay?" His expression quickly became more worried.
"I-I'm fine." I could feel myself blanking out. I stared at the wall, only capable of feeling the hard thumps in my chest.

"Hey.. just breathe." He pulls me into him and takes a deep breath. "I'm so fucking sorry y/n." His arms tighten around me and I could feel him tuck his head into my neck.
"I-It's okay, Eddie." I say into his shirt. I take a deep breath and once again I'm greeted by the comforting smell of old wood and cigarettes.
He pulls his arms from around me and sits them on my waist. I look up at him and his expression softens.

"Have you been crying?" He gently takes his thumbs and wipes it over my tear stained cheek. I could feel the butterflies rise in my stomach.
"Y-yeah but I'm okay now." I said taking my hand and rubbing over the same spot.
He looks down at me with a tender expression.

"I am." I reassure him.
He quickly takes his hands off my waist and takes a few steps back.
He doesn't say anything, he just looks down at the floor.

"Um, I brought some groceries for you." I say going to pick up the bags that he'd knocked out of my hand. I reach my hand into the bag and pull out the glass bottle, that thankfully didn't break. "I know you like Yoo-hoos so..." I reach my hand out and he gently takes the bottle from me.

"thank you." He said giving me a soft smile.
"Of course." I smile back at him. I could tell he was still worried about me.

"I was just thinking about Billy, and Chrissy." I said being honest with him about why I was crying. "It's so hard for me to believe that they're gone.." I sighed and sat down on the edge of a table.
"It is for me too.." Eddie said placing the drink down and moving his hands to his pockets.

"What was he like?" He asks as he begins to lean against the boat.
"Billy?.. You know, other than him being a complete douche, y'all two are pretty similar." I let out a gentle laugh and he crosses his eyebrows.
"Oh really?" Eddie snickers and he smiles.

"Yeah.. y'all both like rock music. you both smoke, and wear tight jeans...."
he lets out a chuckle.

Before I could finishing comparing the two, we could hear the sound of gravel sliding outside. He looks at me and I could see that the sound sent him into a panic. His eyes were wide and I could tell he was scared.

I already knew we had been found.