14

-EDDIE'S POV-

"I'm just getting sleepy." She mutters pulling my jacket up to her chest.

"Well, go ahead and get some sleep. I'm gonna try and get in touch with Dustin and see what we should do."  I tell her before starting to mess with the walkie.

I mess with it for a few minutes and the only thing I hear is a few crackles and static. I huff and toss it to the side. I look back at y/n and I'm pretty sure she's already falling asleep. She looks so peaceful. Her hair is wrapped all over her face and it has twigs and leaves in it from our walk through the woods. There's no way she's comfy laying her head straight on the dirt.

I gently tap her and she rolls over to face me.
"hm?" She mutters and looks up at me with sleepy eyes.
"hey, come here.." I whisper to her. I grab her arm to help her up and we move over to where the rock is. I sit down and lean my back against the rock.
y/n sits down next to me and yawns. She leans her head against my shoulder and curls herself into my arm. I sit there for a minute before I hear her light snores again.
Gosh, even her snores have something beautiful about them.

she begins to knead her head into my shoulder and I can tell she wants to lay down.
I softly help her reposition herself, and she puts her head on my lap.
I gently sweep the hair off of her face and she moves into my hand. I put my arm around her waist and I hear a soft sigh escape her lips.

I smile to myself and I can feel my heart start to swell. It feels good to know that my touch satisfies her.

"goodnight sweet girl" I softly whispered to her still gently running my fingers through her hair. After a few minutes, I can tell I'm starting to get tired as well, I begin to trace soft circles on her arm and eventually start to doze off myself.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"shhh.. this is Dustin trying to reach Eddie the banished.. shhh" a few hours later, the sounds of the walkie echoed through the open space around us. I feel Eddie lift his head away from the rock. He reaches over to pick up the walkie and rushes to press the button.
"Dustin! Thank god man we've been trying to reach you man."

"Shhh... where are y'all?..shhh" Eddie looks at me in confusion. I take the walkie out of his hand and press the button.
"We're at skull rock" I said and turn back to Eddie who is looking up at the rock above us. "skull rock?" He whispered to me. "Um, yeah it was a popular make out spot a few years ago." I said looking at Eddie, honestly confused how he didn't know of it.

"shhh.. okay we're heading to y'all now...shhh" the radio goes silent and I look at him, I could tell he was thinking about something.

"So... how do you know about skull rock?" he taunts, making eye contact with me again.
"um..someone brought me here a long time ago." I told him truthfully and I could see him get a little red in the face. "Who?" He asked and I swear it made him angry.

"um, Tommy brought me here." I said looking down at my shoes and scraping the dirt off the heel. "Tommy? Tommy Hagan?" He said looking at me with disgust. I sighed and covered my eyes. "He was a douchebag." I said shaking my head.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to get you out of your pants right here." I looked at Eddie in shock. "Eddie?" I said, baffled by what had just come from his mouth.
"What? you're gonna tell me he didn't?" I looked at Eddie and looked back down at the ground. I felt my cheeks get red and I quickly put my hands back over my face, trying to hide my humiliation. "Oh shit.." Eddie's face dropped and he realized he had went too far.

"I'm sorry y/n, I didn't mean to-" I put my hand up and gesture for him to stop.
"It's okay Eddie, it was a few years ago." I said trying to forget it. "It's old news now, He stopped begging when I reminded him that I could tell Billy." I could see Eddie was still worried but he turned away.

"how do you not know about skull rock?" I asked him, tilting my head in confusion.
"Um, believe it or not.. most girls kind of look over me and look towards guys like Tommy and Steve... the pretty boys." He scoffs. Before he could say anything else, our conversation was interrupted by the devil himself.

"Talking shit about me, Munson?" Steve questions putting his hands on his hips.
"only good things." Eddie grins at him. I look up and see that pretty much everyone was there. "Hey, Eddie. Uh, good news first this time." Dustin pops out from behind Steve,
"We got you some Dustin-approved junk food and that six-pack you requested." I can see Eddie's eyes widen with excitement.

"Oh yeah, and we found Vecna." Steve says obviously trying to act like he's numb to the situation. "Bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension," I watched as he put his hands on his hips and began to pace the area in front of us,
"and the gate's closed, so we have no way of getting to him." Eddie's smile quickly fades.

"He's entirely shut off to us, so basically you're screwed." Robin says shrugging her shoulders, as if Eddie wouldn't be stuck in prison forever if he was found.
"And, I know you were already screwed, but now you're doubly, triply screwed."
I look at Robin and narrow my eyes, she gets the message and quickly shuts it.
"Wait. Maybe we don't put it like that." Dustin mutters, trying to make the situation seem less gloomy, "We're one step closer to finding Vecna. See, Robin? Positive spin can make all the difference." Dustin looks back at Robin who is kind of oblivious of the affects of her wording.

"They were on the scene at that new murder on lovers lake, and they know y'all are both eye witnesses. Jason told them y'all were together." Dustin looks down at me and I look up at him with wide eyes. "Will I have to stay hidden now too?" I look up at him with wide eyes.

"Just to be safe, short answer yes. It's not a good idea for you to get questioned by the police. They might try and pry information about Eddie out of you." I roll my eyes and let out a groan. "Well, we're one step closer." One of the people say but I was too upset by the fact that I was now on the run too.

"We know how Vecna attacks, and where he attacks from." Robin says now pacing too.
"So now we just need to sneak into his lair in the Upside Down and drive a stake through his heart." Steve says acting like this isn't a huge task. "Everything was way easier last time. We had this girl. She had superpowers."

"Superpowers. Yeah, you mentioned her." Eddie's eyes darted between Steve and Dustin who was now turned away from the group. "Hey, uh, Henderson's not,
uh, cursed, is he?"

"Cursed? No, no. He's fine." Steven turns back to look at him for a second, "Mental? Absolutely." He nods his head at us which causes me to smile.

"I was right." Dustin said still turned around, "Skull Rock was north." Steve scoffs. "Seriously? You're serious?" He looks at Dustin with disappointment. "This is Skull Rock. Okay?" Steve was obviously upset by Dustin's unwillingness to let it go.
"You're totally, absolutely... 100% wrong right now." Dustin looks up at him with a snarky smile and holds up his compass.

"Oh my God." Robins eyes widened as she looked at the broken compass.
"This worked correctly when we left the Wheelers'." Dustin informed everybody, "Correct when we got in the car on Curly, but it started to slip the further east we went. Now it's way off." Dustin began to walk back over to the group to show us the compass closely. "I wasn't wrong. The compass was."

"So you're using faulty equipment. You're still wrong." Steve looks at him and shrugs.
"Except it isn't faulty." Dustin looks down at the device in his hand.
"Compasses can't be faulty Steve, they're based on the pull of the electromagnetic field." I say trying not to sound like a smart ass.

"In the presence of a stronger electromagnetic field, the needle will deflect towards that power." Dustin says trying to make sense to Steve and the friends around him.
"So either there's some super big magnet around here, or..." Dustin rolled his hand waiting for someone else to answer.

"There's a gate." Robin looked up and her eyes widened.