11

Everyone lets out a sigh of relief.

"Okay Eddie, now that we've gotten you some food for the day, we have to go take care of some, uh, things.. and we'll be back." Dustin pats him on his arm.
"Just don't forget about me." He said still stuffing his face with food.
"Um.. we won't." Dustin says, grabbing his walkie and a few other things.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

I turn back to look at Eddie and he's leaning in the doorway. I didn't want to leave him by himself. I can't imagine how lonely and scared he is right now. I just need to be there with max. His arms are folded and his legs are crossed. He waves at me and I wave back. Then, he puts his hand to his mouth and blows me a kiss. I immediately feel my cheeks get hot. There's no way he just did that in front of the other girls.
I slide into the car and slink down into my seat. There's no way I got butterflies from that. But i did.

We slide into the driveway. Everyone piles out onto the pavement and quickly file into the basement. "Hey y/n. Can I talk to you?" max says tapping on my shoulder. "I know I haven't been completely honest with you and I'm so sorry." She looks at me and I watch as her eyes start to water.
"Listen, if anything happens to me. Please know that I'm glad you are my sister." She quickly pulled me in for a hug. I let her embrace me and I felt the warm trickle of her tears roll down my shoulder.
"Max, what's going on?" I said, trying to understand.
"You'll understand later." She says turning on her heel and walking away.

I don't know why she's acting like that. I follow after Robin up the stairs. We turn down the hallway and all of a sudden I get a strong scent of what I can only describe as baby powder and a soft rosey, floral scent.

"Nancy, you're outta your mind if you think I'm babysitting again." Steve argues with Nancy while she flips through the hangers in her wardrobe.
Apparently we walked in at the wrong moment because Steve and Nancy stopped talking.

Robin walks in and immediately starts looking around the room for anything interesting. "Oh my god, you have a Tom cruise poster?" Robin turns to Nancy in disbelief. "Can you please not touch anything?" Before she could even get the words out of her mouth, Robin was rummaging through her cassettes.

"Maybe I can be helpful with this asylum director dude." Steve says folding his arm. "Or I could go with y'all." I muttered trying to remind them of my presence.

"Listen, Steve. the kids will need you. And y/n, I would be happy to take you with us but I already called and said it was the two of us." She sighs and clicks her teeth. "Police are gonna be all through Hawkins and we don't know when Vecna will attack next." She looks at me with a sad expression.

"What about the getaway driver?" Nancy turned to looked at Robin and she shrugged. "Oh seriously.. y'all didn't think about a getaway driver?" I scoffed. "What if y'all end up getting caught and need to get out of there asap. Hellooo, that's where I'd come in." Robin smirks. "I think she'd make a great getaway driver." She adds. I turn around and give her a smile.

"you make a valid point y/n." Nancy glares at me. "You'll go with us as backup." Steve threw his hands up in the air in defeat.
"Okay, let me just go take responsibility for the children I've raised." He said waving his hands in the air obviously pissed off.

I watched as the girls put on some outdated blouses and dressed up trying to look professional. Robin hears me laugh.
"Hey, you're lucky we aren't making you wear one too." She says beginning to scratch at the fabric sitting on her neck.
"Okay," Nancy says touching up robins attire and making sure everything is sitting properly. She lets out a huff. "Let's do this."